What's new

Frustrated Newbie!

Renee

Reaction score
I just got my iPhone Wednesday. I have been using a Droid since it came out and a Blackberry before that.

I truly want to like the iPhone but I'm having trouble with some features and customization that are lacking. It's hard to explain the features to someone unless they have used the Droid previously. It's mainly notification type issues. I would love to hear from anyone who has switched from the Droid to iPhone so I can pick your brain a little.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Renee. There are some few threads on the forum talking about those who switched from droid phones to iPhones. Try to make a search on the forum and you will find them. It's just a matter of time for you to realize how great is the iPhone eventhough those droid features are missing on the iPhone. In addition, you know that the iOS is not the droid and the droid is not the iOS so that you shouldn't expect them to be alike.

I just got my iPhone Wednesday. I have been using a Droid since it came out and a Blackberry before that.

I truly want to like the iPhone but I'm having trouble with some features and customization that are lacking. It's hard to explain the features to someone unless they have used the Droid previously. It's mainly notification type issues. I would love to hear from anyone who has switched from the Droid to iPhone so I can pick your brain a little.

Thanks!

you will find the iphone lacks the ability to really customise the device like you where able to on your BB.. like animated wallpapers, what is it your trying to do?

Welcome,

Admittedly, the iPhones notification system and the lack of customisation are the iPhones biggest downfall. Fortunately ios5 will be released in the next few months that will completely rewrite the notification system. As for customisation your stuck with jailbreaking...

Thanks!
Welcome Renee! I switched from Android as well but am learning as I go. Read these forums, as a new Iphone user, I am learning tons from here. Hit me with any questions you may have about the switch and I will do my best to help the best I can.