What's new

From note 2 to iphone 5

justmagdy1

Reaction score
First I have to say that I am sorry coz my English is not good but really I feel good between all of you

I switched from note 2 to iphone 5 really in the first I felt not good but now I love my iphone with my ipad and hope to hear from you if some one did like me and what he feel now

First I have to say that I am sorry coz my English is not good but really I feel good between all of you

I switched from note 2 to iphone 5 really in the first I felt not good but now I love my iphone with my ipad and hope to hear from you if some one did like me and what he feel now
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking

Guide for Beginners |iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

iPhone tips

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

remember…."search" is your friend…..poisonivy…..iPhone and iPad forums moderator.

I swapped from the note 2 to an iPhone 5, I still think the note 2 was by far the best phone I've ever used for various reasons (too many to type). However I like to switch it up every now and again. Hopefully I can "learn" to love this iPhone, hoping it will grow on me hehe.

well i won't be switching from android any time soon, but i will be getting two new iphone 5's for my wife and daughter this friday from t-mobile

but wanted to ask you guys, other than a smaller device, what is it about the iphone that you are liking over the note 2? i have a galaxy s3 and it is phenomenal for me, but my wife and daughter are just dying to get their hands on the new iphone

I HONESTLY hope I get used to my new iPhone 5...I switched from an antique EVO 4 G... and am not thrilled...BUT I think I can survive...IF and WHEN I get used to it...

Screen size is not all that important the 4 inch iPhone screen is fine..(slightly smaller then my old EVO) At this point I;m not at all happy with the App store and lack of FREE USEFUL apps... I'm into astronomy and the severe lack of useful astronomy apps is pathetic on the Apple Apps store

Funny but I did not like the plastic feel of the S3 and Note...but the first thing I purchased fore my iPhone was a case...Outerbox Defender... it feel like a brick... should have just put a case on an S3 or S4

BTW... I too was the only Android user in my family... I should have figured Father Knows Best..!

Sorry this is the 3rd pretty darn negative post I have posted today... I gotta cool down and get educated on the iPhone before I post any more...HOPEFULLY its Me at this point...

Bob G,

The one thing the Iphone 5 have over Android devices is the battery life.

I don't agree. It's been discussed over and over on this forum. So it's useless to talk it up again LoL. In my opinion depending on how to use your phone determines battery life. For me the iPhone has better battery usage than an android.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I don't agree. It's been discussed over and over on this forum. So it's useless to talk it up again LoL. In my opinion depending on how to use your phone determines battery life. For me the iPhone has better battery usage than an android.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I disagree. My note 2 has the best battery life of any phone I've owned. Obviously it's cuz the battery is massive.

a friend of mine did the same thing (well because she lost her note2), and she said the iphone screen just feels too small now

That would be the hardest thing I think LoL

iPhoneMommy

I've thought about switching to the note 2 but the software on android is so plain. I've jail broken my iPhone and I couldn't be happier.

IOS vs Android will never end.

Try both:
Stock IOS and Android firmware.

Than try:
Heavily tweak/customize Jailbroken IOS and Android Custom Rom.

Make own decision which the best for your daily driver and settle with that device.

Everyone have their own opinion and the device have they're own follower.

Bought the device with your own hard money.

Try it, compare it, experiment it all by yourself and settle with it. You will be happy ;)

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

Last edited:
I HONESTLY hope I get used to my new iPhone 5...I switched from an antique EVO 4 G... and am not thrilled...BUT I think I can survive...IF and WHEN I get used to it...

Screen size is not all that important the 4 inch iPhone screen is fine..(slightly smaller then my old EVO) At this point I;m not at all happy with the App store and lack of FREE USEFUL apps... I'm into astronomy and the severe lack of useful astronomy apps is pathetic on the Apple Apps store

Funny but I did not like the plastic feel of the S3 and Note...but the first thing I purchased fore my iPhone was a case...Outerbox Defender... it feel like a brick... should have just put a case on an S3 or S4

BTW... I too was the only Android user in my family... I should have figured Father Knows Best..!

Sorry this is the 3rd pretty darn negative post I have posted today... I gotta cool down and get educated on the iPhone before I post any more...HOPEFULLY its Me at this point...

Bob G,

I have used the defender and commuter for a few weeks now, both seem like they would work well. Obviously the commuter is much thinner, avoid the bulk :). As of tonight (literally a few minutes ago), i also have the reflex and prefix cases. Assuming they both protect the phone as well as the commuter, these are both viable thinner options. The prefix is basically a plastic inner "backbone" design and silicone on the outside, and the reflex (which is super thin btw) is two plastic halves that slide together. The idea behind the prefix is that it spreads the shock around the case opposes to directly into the phone.

Tldr: buy an otterbox prefix case for a protective/thin case :).