What's new

Free Star Wars: Imperial Academy Hits App Store

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
starwars-imperial-academy.jpg

To celebrate this year’s 30th Anniversary of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, THQ Wireless, working with ngmoco, has released Star Wars Imperial Academy to the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

The game presents iOS gamers around the world with an exciting multiplayer experience built around ngmoco’s proven Eliminate engine.

In Star Wars Imperial Academy, players must prove that they are elite stormtrooper material as they compete against other Imperial Academy recruits in intense four-player death-match battles that take place across the Star Wars galaxy. The gameplay consists of close-quarters blaster combat, long-range sniping and explosive armaments, all in such classic Star Wars settings as Hoth, Cloud City, Tatooine and more.

"As huge fans of the Star Wars universe, ngmoco is excited to work on such a storied franchise for our first ever property-based game," said Neil Young, CEO and founder of ngmoco. "Star Wars Imperial Academy brings together our passion for first-person shooters and Star Wars in an amazingly fun and high quality experience."

Click here to download the game for free: Star Wars: Imperial Academy for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: THQ Inc

So I am grateful that the new Imperial Academy app is free and, as with most of the free stuff on the web, there are adds. What I don't like is the constant barrage of invites to download apps, even after you've downloaded them. Most especially the invites that have a new screen that pops up
And if you don't push the "done" button, it boots you out of the program so you have to reload and reload. This is, mind you, after I down loaded the app. otherwise the game is great fun.