What's new

Fraud

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
This morning I was very excited to receive the brand new iphone 5s that I had purchased from a seller in Noblesville, Indiana. I paid $600 for the phone. I opened the envelope and was immediately worried. Inside was an iphone 4 box. At first I thought I had been sent an iphone 4, but upon opening the box, I discovered that there was no phone inside at all. The seller sent me a bar of soap!! I was so upset. I notified my credit card company, PayPal, and the Indiana police. Hopefully they will be able to nail this thief.

Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing before? I was so shocked you could have knocked me over with a feather, as goes the old saying. This happened through U.S. mail, so hopefully the feds might get involved, too.

Thats awful, Hope you get your money back.

PayPal and your credit card company both have procedures for refunding you in cases like this. You can open a dispute with PayPal or your credit card company, just not both at the same time.

Thats awful, Hope you get your money back.

Thank you. The credit card company is investigating. I gave the credit card company the police report number. Hopefully, the police will do some sort of investigation on this and reveal that this man has been accused of such things before. I have never had anything like this happen to me before, so I feel pretty certain that the credit card company will protect me.

Communication with the seller after I sent the money was spotty and not very satisfactory, and I was so annoyed by this that I had almost decided not to accept the package, but I was not expecting this, and I did not want an "honest" seller to be out postage to ship it. Now I am sorry I did not listen to my instincts.

Sorry to hear that, hunnie. Thats a bummer. Hopefully they'll reimburse you and you can be on your way to buying another 5s ASAP

This morning I was very excited to receive the brand new iphone 5s that I had purchased from a seller in Noblesville, Indiana. I paid $600 for the phone. I opened the envelope and was immediately worried. Inside was an iphone 4 box. At first I thought I had been sent an iphone 4, but upon opening the box, I discovered that there was no phone inside at all. The seller sent me a bar of soap!! I was so upset. I notified my credit card company, PayPal, and the Indiana police. Hopefully they will be able to nail this thief.

Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing before? I was so shocked you could have knocked me over with a feather, as goes the old saying. This happened through U.S. mail, so hopefully the feds might get involved, too.
When you get your refund, go to the Apple Store website. You can buy an unlocked 32 GB 5S for what you were sending this crook. Apple will take good care of you.

Wow I didn't know I could get that much out if my 32g 5s !!!!! Is that the going rate?

Wow I didn't know I could get that much out if my 32g 5s !!!!! Is that the going rate?
No it is not. That is what Apple charges for a brand new unit, not used, not refurbished.

Ok o thought that was a little high.
Well, I though as long as bunnies was indicating she was willing to pay that much, a new one from a seller she could rely on would be reassuring.

You'll get your money back for sure via the chargeback system for fraud protection.