What's new

Foxconn Recruiter Says iPhone 5 to Launch in June

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
6051-iphone-5-release-date-foxconn.JPG

Cnet’s Crave blog reports today that Japanese website Macotakara has said that a Foxconn recruiter may have spilled the beans about a possible release date for the next iPhone. The comments were made during an interview on Japanese TV, when the recruiter was heard to tell the TV crew that Foxconn needs to hire 18,000 workers to build the next iPhone as it will be going on sale in June. If this were to be true, it would be in contrast to most recent rumours coming out of Apple’s supply chain which have tended to predict that Apple will stick with its new Fall release cycle for the iPhone, having released the iPhone 4S last October. As Cnet notes, if Apple did choose to release the next iPhone as early as June, it would mean that the iPhone 4S would have been on sale for less than a year, and you’d think that Apple would want to leave such a successful and massively selling phone out there on its own for a little while longer before introducing a newer version.

Source: iPhone 5 coming in June, says Foxconn recruiter | CNET UK
Foxconn Recruiter Claims Hiring Spree Boosting Production for June iPhone 5 Launch - Mac Rumors

Since long waiting for the news that when iPhone 5 will be released. But only waiting and waiting. Don't know this will be happened as you mentioned or not. But however hope that we may get it very soon.

Hard to say on this one. I'm tending to think fall will be the true release time, but I've been wrong before.

This ia another rumor? I expect this time apple won't let us down.

It will be Fall again. Foxconn is hiring 20% more new employees to make up for the overtime they were forced to reduce... Nothing more.

thewitt is probably spot on. Their latest press releases have stated they will need at least 20K more workers to meet the guidelines for reduced overtime with the potential of needing as many as 60K depending on production quotas going forward.

I have a feeling that the next iPhone will be a much larger world release than even the iPad (3rd Gen). So if they have to stock pile to meet that demand, they should start needing that production capability trained and in place by July.

thewitt is probably spot on. Their latest press releases have stated they will need at least 20K more workers to meet the guidelines for reduced overtime with the potential of needing as many as 60K depending on production quotas going forward.

I have a feeling that the next iPhone will be a much larger world release than even the iPad (3rd Gen). So if they have to stock pile to meet that demand, they should start needing that production capability trained and in place by July.

That's what I'm thinking as well. If it does go to 4" and LTE, the demand is going to be phenomenal.

Of course it's a rumour they always are.

Big question is, will it be called the iPhone 5. I fear not!

iHolophyte

What are you thinking, the New iPhone like they did with the iPad?

They can call it what they want.But PLEASE let it have a fm receiver!!