What's new

found an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragin_cajuns

Reaction score
My 7yr old son found an iPhone while playing at the park the other day. Nobody else was around so I took it home. My son wants to be able to use it to play games that he currently uses my iPhone for. However, the phone is locked and disabled from my son playing with it. It says that it is disabled and to connect it to iTunes. When I connect it to iTunes it says that it can't connect because it's locked. I obviously can't unlock it because it is disabled.

How can I get in it?

Thanks,

Well... considering it's disabled, the IEMI was probably disabled through the provider. IIRC, that makes the phone useless to you.

no it was disabled because my son tried entering the passcode too many times. the service is with AT&T and they do not disable IMEIs even when lost or stolen. it's just locked and requiring iTunes to reconnect but iTunes will not do it since it's locked.

ragin_cajuns said:
no it was disabled because my son tried entering the passcode too many times. the service is with AT&T and they do not disable IMEIs even when lost or stolen. it's just locked and requiring iTunes to reconnect but iTunes will not do it since it's locked.

Ahh I see. Still a little sketchy... don't expect too many people to chime in and tell you how to "break" into a phone that's not your's. Just saying...

Ahh I see. Still a little sketchy... don't expect too many people to chime in and tell you how to "break" into a phone that's not your's. Just saying...

You've never lost anything? Guess what? Someone probably found it. Cell phones get lost every day. If there had been people around I would have check to see if it was their's but we were alone in the park for 2 hours.

ragin_cajuns said:
You've never lost anything? Guess what? Someone probably found it. Cell phones get lost every day. If there had been people around I would have check to see if it was their's but we were alone in the park for 2 hours.

Not going to get into a moaning contest with you over this. It's as simple as my previous post stated... I've seen it many times here before. You're not going to get any "reputable" help cracking into a phone that you claim to have found. Sorry if this let's you down or upsets you, but it's just something the regulars of this forum don't go along with.

So you do the right thing, and take it to AT&T. They will locate the owner. And if your 7yo doesn't like it, well, it's a real-life lesson in honesty. Finders keepers doesn't always apply.

I've found a wallet full of $$$ and with ID card in it and with some phone numbers. What I did was to call on of those phone numbers and it happens to be the relative of the owner of the wallet. The relatives informed the owner with my location, she came asked me
O: what I do in life?
M: I'm a student.
O: when will you finish your university?
M: in few months I will graduate.
O: may I have your contacts? Emails phone numbers?
M: sure

5 months later (I've even forgot about that story) she called me wanting to employ me in her company. A full time job for a nasty position, a really great salary, no interview needed. Unfortunately for me or for her, I won another scholarship for a master degree and so I couldn't work for her for a full time job. So sad she was but then decided to give me a red envelop (Hong bao 红包) full of what I really needed that time to spend a good vacation before start my master these.
We keep relationship till date and I will easily find a job in her company once I'm done with my master degree but I have other plan of leaving this country once I'm done here.
Just to say that honesty is always honest and really thankful. Do not expect a thing before be honest, just be it and the feeling of being honest (my God) is beyond great.
I would take that phone to Verizon or whatever company the phone is linked to, ask them at Verizon to put me in contact with the owner of that iPhone and make sure I'm the one who hand the phone to its owner. Your son will also be proud of you, and might benefit from your honesty one day (who knows?) not today surely because he wants to play but then when he become a grown man. My 2 cents
And I do know some few ways to make iTunes read that iPhone but I will share that with you when you come to forget your password or something like that. Have a good day and tell only the truth to your kid, that's all what you own him "The Truth"

Heres a sugestion for ya, Buy Your 7yo A Nintendo DS To Play Games On!!

Moderation NoticeIpf.net does not support or condone discussions that help individuals with lost or stolen iDevices. Please return the deviceThis thread has been closed by a forum staff member.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Status
Not open for further replies.