What's new

Found an iphone can i use it on tmobile

Jake92695

Reaction score
Hello,

My aunt works at a restaurant and she found an iphone 4 in the bathroom, the restaurant kept it for 2 months in a safe waiting to see if someone would come back, no one did so they gave it to her and now she wants me to sell it on eBay. I was wondering if i unlocked it and sell it on ebay could that person use their carrier and be able to activate. Thank you!

Hello,

My aunt works at a restaurant and she found an iphone 4 in the bathroom, the restaurant kept it for 2 months in a safe waiting to see if someone would come back, no one did so they gave it to her and now she wants me to sell it on eBay. I was wondering if i unlocked it and sell it on ebay could that person use their carrier and be able to activate. Thank you!

pretty sure they can yes, but dont they have to have a micro-sim?

im not totally sure about unlocking i have verizon unfortunally and use to have a touch so i just want to sell it but not sure if i can

in the us its locked to att so you can only use with that carrier unless you jb and unlock... poor guy who lost his iphone 4 must of gone crazy looking for it, bet he wish he got mobileME now. no numbers in the contacts you can call???

No i think it was new their was nothing no contacts no apps nothing well its my aunts call and she wants to sell it so i have no problem not reporting it :)

fair enough.... well it will be locked to att most likely unless the guy got it factory unlocked from another country... but i bet its locked to att.

It it was ever linked to iTunes, then Apple will know who it belongs to. The question is, If you had lost it, how would you feel?

very fishy, very strange situation here,,,

I have a feeling you really like to keep it for yourself, period...

I just hope, you would not be in the other situation yourself, somes others days....

If I would have lost my phone, I'd have it reported and my provider would have blocked the phone (via the imei number) so you'd have a $ 600 iPod :)

its a shame that the carrier cant delete everything off the phone like the iphone shitmodo stole and they used mobileME to stop it even turning on