What's new

follow my iphone?

wasions

Reaction score
My son-in-law uses an app on his iPhone 4 to follow his 16 y/o daughter (with her permission).
My last phone, an older G'zone, could be followed by my wife (with my permission - after a bad m'cycle accident) with an additional $10 a month fee. It quit working but they kept charging the fee.
My question is: Where's the app? Can I get it for free?
New smart phone (iPhone 5) - old dumb user.

Thanx!

just use find my iphone thats free to use and you can track your phone from your computer, ipad or any device really. I use it on mine and dont pay anything per month

just use find my iphone thats free to use and you can track your phone from your computer, ipad or any device really. I use it on mine and dont pay anything per month

I also use this and I recommend this to everyone I know who have a iPhone, IPad or IPod

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

With the coming of iOS 7, find my iPhone will be even more secure, requiring the registered owner's Apple ID and password to turn the app off as well as to erase all content and settings.

With the coming of iOS 7, find my iPhone will be even more secure, requiring the registered owner's Apple ID and password to turn the app off as well as to erase all content and settings.

And to add to that if you lost your IPhone or you IPhone have been stolen the person who stole it or found it would not be able to activate it at all

And to add to that if you lost your IPhone or you IPhone have been stolen the person who stole it or found it would not be able to activate it at all

Yup. After a restore/wipe, the previous AppleID associated with the device must be logged in in order to activate the device for any reason. It might not carry over if the device has iOS 6 already and the restore brings it to iOS 7, but we'll get the full load of it once iOS 7 is officially released with all of its feature down to the dot.

yep, you can never be too secure and I love what apple will be doing with find my iphone, its one of the major things I loved about the wwdc announcements.

Thanks, all.
Got it on wife's phone and my phone. Pretty sweet.
Next question: I'm running Mac OS X, V. 10.5.8
Doesn't support iCloud. And apparently, I can't upgrade to Mountain Lion without first having Snow Leopard. So if I get Snow Leopard, can I then get Mountain Lion - or does Snow Leopard also contain iCloud. I'm so confused!!!!

Thanks, all.
Got it on wife's phone and my phone. Pretty sweet.
Next question: I'm running Mac OS X, V. 10.5.8
Doesn't support iCloud. And apparently, I can't upgrade to Mountain Lion without first having Snow Leopard. So if I get Snow Leopard, can I then get Mountain Lion - or does Snow Leopard also contain iCloud. I'm so confused!!!!

Snow leopard does not have iCloud feature. Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 is the OS X that features iCloud.

From what I see, your version (10.5) is Leopard.

Since there has been new OS X versions v10. 6 (Snow Leopard) and v10.7 (Lion), and finally v10.8 (Mountain Lion).

You may want to check if your Mac can support Mountain. Have a look at this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4132?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Also, look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_X_Mountain_Lion

Hope this helps!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Last edited:
Thanks, Skimonkey. Looks like I'll have to be in the market for a new computer if I'm gonna upgrade.
That likely won't happen for awhile. But then, the iPhone stands alone on it's own - full blown. (sigh - awful - just hideous...).

Thanks, Skimonkey. Looks like I'll have to be in the market for a new computer if I'm gonna upgrade.
That likely won't happen for awhile. But then, the iPhone stands alone on it's own - full blown. (sigh - awful - just hideous...).

There are some good deals that are going on now since the World Wide Developer Conference. I have seen sales on both the MacBook Air and pro for quite some time. In fact with the purchase of a new retina display MacBook Pro--you can get an Apple TV for free with purchase at Bestbuy!

Going back to your initial question of iCloud...what would you like to use it for--backing up, or preparing for iOS 7? There are other options for iCloud in other apps such as Evernote, Dropbox, etc!

Let us know! Oh, I love my iPhone 5 also! First iPhone--bought it last November and haven't put it doesn't except for sleeping!! ;)

I'm slowly getting the hang of this thing.
Picked up Week Cal today - just exactly what I need.
Also have eBook search - which I haven't been able to figure out. I've downloaded 2 free books, neither of which show up in my Bookshelf (Newsstand?).
Had to have Khan Academy and SkyView - just terrific apps!
Got FindStuffToDo for vacationing - I have yet to decide whether that's a keeper.
Discovered that both Maps and GoogleMaps talk through bluetooth. Muting music but not phone conversations. Pretty cool.
Got SongPop because my computer won't run it anymore and my wife insisted that I keep up with it.
Got Facebook, and then pretty much immediately shut it down.
I'll probably pick up a Running and a Bicycling app next. Any recommendations?

I've been using runtastic, seems to work well for what I wanted it to do. It also will sync with my calorie counter, my fitness pal so it counts my exercise automatically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk