What's new

Fleksy – Type Naturally

Col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on a new typing App for iPhone. The App has not been released as of yet however it is only a matter of time until approved by Apple.

Fleksy – Type Naturally

How does a blind person type on an iPhone? Soon, you will be typing as quickly and easily as everyone else. If not faster. Yes, it’s possible.

Fleksy is a state of the art text input system specifically designed for people with visual impairments.

It is set to revolutionize the way people think about accessibility on mobile devices and to challenge the traditional barriers in touch-screen typing for everyone.

For the first time ever, blind and visually impaired people can quickly and easily type text on touch screen phones and tablets.

Featuring Syntellia’s patent pending technologies, and working with Apple’s built in Voice Over technology, Fleksy gives visually impaired people the ability to type quickly and easily on iPhone and iPad without the need for additional hardware.

Tap typing, re-invented.

It is a new experience and a leap forward in accessibility for iOS.

How Fleksy works

Fleksy allows visually impaired users to type text on the familiar keyboard layout, by tapping on the screen. Our patent pending technology does not need accuracy – just tap on the screen and Fleksy will automatically detect the text you meant to enter – even if you have missed every single key.

It is like nothing you have used before.

Fleksy lets you send the text as an SMS message, or as an email, or to copy the text to use in another app on your phone.

Patents Pending

Reference Fleksy

Thanks, Col!

I am looking forward to this app to become available for our community population that have visual impairments. My place of employment runs a Vision Impairment Clinic and is always looking at new tools and devices to help our patient population with low vision. This app would be a wonderful adjunct tool for them to use.

Thanks for sharing!!

A very interesting app! Very ideal for our visually impaired family, relatives and/or friends who want to enjoy their devices fully. Who doesn’t want to? I’ve got friends who are hearing impaired and they love the iPhone for its accessibility features. Now there’s another way for the visually impaired to maximize their use of this device and to improve the way they communicate. Kudos to Apple! Hope you’d approve it ASAP!

Fleksy will automatically detect the text you meant to enter – even if you have missed every single key.

Sounds very interesting. Apart from usage by visually impaired folks, this might also be useful for texting while driving - although I would never attempt to text and drive :)

Can't wait to see the app in action.

OMG this app is awesome. I can't believe I have never heard of this before. I know people with visual impairments and I know it will help them. But I think it would be great for everyone else too. I'm FOREVER making typing errors on my iPhone (and my computer too!). I can see this having much much more potential than just an iPhone app. Any plans to release a desktop version for the PC?

Does the Fleksy App work the same way as predictive mode on a lot of phones?

I have to see this I have no problems w swpe but i don't use it, I like the regular IOS texting w predictive up top