What's new

Fitting a new lock screen button.. Heeellpp

ShadyBliss

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the lock screen button back in.. Every way I have tried doesn't work.. The button is not click able.. And I can only find guides to take it out not fitting... :(

NOT TALKING ABOUT THE HOME BUTTON PLEASE STOP POSTING ANSWER ABOUT THAT LOL

Last edited:
Does anyone use these forums lol?.. Or does no one know of how to fit the lock button.

Hard reset. Or restore as new phone. Done the same to mine.

Your reply has nothing to do with what I asked lol..

Although if your device isn't under warranty anymore, try ifixit.com
They have a guide for every repair imaginable. :D

Already been there.. And they only show a guide to how to take it out.. Which isn't rocket science.. But putting it back in is! :O

The only thing I can think is the button you're trying to replace w/ is faulty in some way. I've replaced several home buttons on the 3GS & 4... never had this issue. I've always purchased them from ifixit.com. Perhaps you've purchased a knock-off that just won't work.

Not replacing home button.. Ive taken out the lock screen button. Button I don't know how it goes back in the phone lol.. Everything else is a piece of piss

ShadyBliss said:
Not replacing home button.. Ive taken out the lock screen button. Button I don't know how it goes back in the phone lol.. Everything else is a piece of piss

Oh I apologize... got to the bottom & thought we were talking about the other. Sorry.. :-(

That's ok :).. Just hoping someone has done the same and knows how to put the button back in correctly

Even I got it changed by the professional hands . Its got a spring device below which demands a expertise. Next tome get a virtual home button on your screen through the applications menu and use it ....your home button will get sparingly used and last long

jitendraprabhu said:
Even I got it changed by the professional hands . Its got a spring device below which demands a expertise. Next tome get a virtual home button on your screen through the applications menu and use it ....your home button will get sparingly used and last long

Do you know what I'm talking about or not?.. I'm not talking about the home button... The LOCK SCREEN button at the top of the phone lol..