What's new

first iphone

mraamohamed

Reaction score
Hello all, maybe I am a newb, but I have a simple question. Is the iphone 4 smart enough to know when I am at home with a wifi and turn off the 3g and use the wifi, and when I leave to turn off wifi and use 3g automatically.

Thanks

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!!!

With Wi-Fi you can set your iPhone to ask to join wi fi networks so that when you are out of range of the network it will revert to your network telco 3G.

Hello all, maybe I am a newb, but I have a simple question. Is the iphone 4 smart enough to know when I am at home with a wifi and turn off the 3g and use the wifi, and when I leave to turn off wifi and use 3g automatically.

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking

Guide for Beginners |iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

iPhone tips

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

remember…."search" is your friend…..poisonivy…..iPhone and iPad forums moderator

It can connect automatically to wifi but not shutting the 3G part

You don't have to tun data off unless it's at night if you have push and fetching data on. If you have a wifi network, it'll strictly use wifi and ignore 3G until your wifi connection breaks

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

i turn my mobile data off when I'm at home and connected to my wifi ever since my phone gobbled up all my credit a few times, my network told me that it was because if your home wifi drops even slightly your phone will take over and use your data, my problem is remembering to turn it on again when i'm out.

You learn something new everyday, I did'nt know you could just leave WiFi on and it would join networks when accessible, I thought I had to switch from 3g to WiFi. Thank you