What's new

Favorite Tweak - HTC Animated Weather - Gone But Not Forgotten

Go in cydia and search iwidgets. There are many! Etc. M2 iwidget pack

How about that. This is the first widget that put stuff in the iwidget folder so I could select one. Is there a list somewhere that shows others? I like. I searched M2 to find it.

Any news on whether someone has modified the HTC Animated Weather Widget to work on Ios 7? I would really appreciate a reply if anybody knows anything. I really love this tweak and believe that there is a lot more fans of it out there.

Thanks in advance guys!!
-Theo

Any news on whether someone has modified the HTC Animated Weather Widget to work on Ios 7? I would really appreciate a reply if anybody knows anything. I really love this tweak and believe that there is a lot more fans of it out there.

Thanks in advance guys!!
-Theo

This thread is over a month old and nobody has shed a glimmer of hope for the HTC Animated Weather Widget. Nothing I find works.

It was my favorite change to IOS. A great looking addition to my home screen. When it broke - no weather updates is when I updated to IOS 7.xx.

It would be great to have it back.

I will post here if I ever find a working product. Hope you all do the same.

Thanks Jimt29!! I loved it as well. I will also post if I find something. Someone posted a video on youtube claiming that it worked for ios7 jailbreak. I tried installing it and it made my phone reset. I uninstalled it once I got my phone back up and running again. Does it now work because ios7 does not support perpage or what? Does anybody know? Is there a way to talk to the developer and ask him if he is willing to update it to work with ios7? Again, thanks for the reply. Hope we can somehow figure out a way to get this up and running again. My FAVORITE tweak on ios by far. The clock looked flawless and the animations were amazing. Hope we can revive this topic a little bit and get some more input on the matter. There must be a lot more of us "HTC animated weather" fans out there !!

Agreed.

If there are other fans, just reply with a "like it" so we can build up some numbers to this thread.

Thanks Jimt29!! I loved it as well. I will also post if I find something. Someone posted a video on youtube claiming that it worked for ios7 jailbreak. I tried installing it and it made my phone reset. I uninstalled it once I got my phone back up and running again. Does it now work because ios7 does not support perpage or what? Does anybody know? Is there a way to talk to the developer and ask him if he is willing to update it to work with ios7? Again, thanks for the reply. Hope we can somehow figure out a way to get this up and running again. My FAVORITE tweak on ios by far. The clock looked flawless and the animations were amazing. Hope we can revive this topic a little bit and get some more input on the matter. There must be a lot more of us "HTC animated weather" fans out there !!

Just installed the latest HTC Animated Weather. First though is getting the space clear for it to reside. you need 3 rows free. I used iBlank. Also I have IconMover installed so I can move multiple icons quickly. You will find this the easiest ever. It does need iWidget to work though.

Just make sure you set your zip code in the HTC widget before Adding it. It looks great.

Attachments

• $htc animated weather home screen.PNG
    $htc animated weather home screen.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Hey Jimt29. I got it as well earlier today and I happened to just see your post!! I was going to post it on here tmrw and let you know as well. :p Its really nice...I like it a lot. It works great with iwidget. I take off the forecast and it still takes up the third row though. What I mean by that is that I cannot have app icons that are accessible on the the third row because of the widget...this is with the forecast OFF. Anybody know if that will ever be fixed? Nevertheless...it looks great. I love it!! Thanks again Jim for everything. Hope people keep posting here so we can help them get this widget that we love so much as well.

Ps, anybody know where I can get a jukebox Dashboard X style music widget? One that stays on one screen that you set it on. I dont really like the new miniplayer that gets accessed from anywhere, I prefer setting it on one of my screens. Let me know !! :)

Hellas59: it doesn't seem to be updating the weather very often. It does update if I respring though. That's the problem I had with the IOS 6 version. It stopped updating.

Your thoughts?

I dropped a note to the developer to see what his thoughts were.

Last edited:
I agree with you jimt. I have mine set on 15 min refresh intervals though. I just changed it to 10 min intervals. It also lacks a gps location detection option. That would have been nice. Does it do the exact same animations as the previois htc that worked with perpage? Meaning, when it rains, does it rain on the whole screen? Does the windshield wiper come out? How about the snow? Does it accumulate at all? For some reason I feel like the old one had those animation capabilities as well...am I wrong?

Btw, any luck on figuring out about a music widget that you can place on one screen? I would really appreciate any help with that. Anybody know when or if Dashboard X will ever be up and running for ios 7 devices? Thanks in advance fellas. :)

Btw jimt29, I used to use iblanks as well and then I got gridlock. Gridlock is a great little investment for your iphone. You can move your icons anywhere on your screen with ease, I love it. I cant believe that apple in 2014 havent programed their phones to have that simple concept included in every single one of their devices. That is really frustrating. Nevertheless, I still find the iphones touch screens and usabilty to still be the best. Ps Jimt29, I also use iconmover as well, great tweak to have!!

Hellas59:

As far as your music is concerned, you might want to make a separate thread to increase the chance of someone seeing and offering help.

Last edited:
MMI = ModMyi? I never new that.

There is NOTHING there that is named HTC. There are others things that are HTC this and that and I tried them all but not one of them appears as an available widget.

Have you even tried any of the things you give advise on?

No disrespect but while I truly appreciate you stepping up to help, you leave a lot of information out of your suggestions that add confusion to my already confused state.

Please post a tutorial on how you got it working pretty please. I am a huge fan of HTC animated weather widget and I tried iwidget method with no luck. Please be as detailed as possible. Thanks in advanced.:(

Please post a tutorial on how you got it working pretty please. I am a huge fan of HTC animated weather widget and I tried iwidget method with no luck. Please be as detailed as possible. Thanks in advanced.:(
Did you follow the instructions stated above: "Just installed the latest HTC Animated Weather. First though is getting the space clear for it to reside. you need 3 rows free. I used iBlank. Also I have IconMover installed so I can move multiple icons quickly. You will find this the easiest ever. It does need iWidget to work though.

Just make sure you set your zip code in the HTC widget before Adding it. It looks great."

Did you install iBlank or Gridlock so you can have 3 rows blank? IconMover to make it easier? iWidget so HTC Animated Weather will work? After you KNOW that each of them are installed, you can make each one do what it is they do, especially iWidget, then you install HTC Animated Weather. Let me know when you get that far.