What's new

Fake Speck Candyshell?

if yours is a fake then mine is too. Where did you get yours? mine was from eBay and it was "used" so it it already had a few minor scuffs on. As far as getting it into the case, yea its a tight fit at first but once u get it in in snaps right into place and is perfectly snug. Sorry these pics are so crappy, did on my desk here at work didnt really come out very good.

2ab442d7.jpg

31aa4262.jpg

f6a86e56.jpg

b98e1382.jpg

Last edited:
No these are not fakes, I have one like it in black, yes its a tight fit but it does fit and it is supposed to be very hard to get in, also they do scratch very easily, that along with it being bulky made me swap to a Gear 4 the band case. Not sure about the camera hole. email speck with the pictures and see what they say.

Nah I'm certain yours isn't a fake. At the most it's just a one off poorly made case. It looks a little ragged around the camera cut out but that's about it. It's meant to be a squeeze to fit it in, although you saying it felt like it was going to break the case seems a bit extreme. I've tried a lot of cases for my iPhone 4, these are the best I've found.

Mine also seems to scratch easily, I've had it a week and it's already scratched up quite a bit. I had the otterbox initially but it was so bulky and I wasn't a fan of the rubberized case (snagged on my pockets when I tried to put the phone in)

Yeah the case does pick up scuffs and scratches easily. Just think of how much it's saving your iPhone tho, which after all is the point of the thing. Next people will want cases for cases! Lol

xbexyx said:
Hello,

Looking for some advice. I bought this Speck Candyshell case for my iPhone 4 off Ebay, the seller had 100% feedback and others had bought the cases saying they were pleased with it. The box it came in looks very real (I have the original Speck Pixel HD packaging to compare to a degree) apart from the insert plastic bit which looks very fake.. the back of the phone is already scratched and I haven't even used it, the camera hole cut out is all rugged and not smoothly cut (see pics) and just generally the cut outs aren't very professional looking, and I'm thinking the actual Speck star logo looks fatter than some photos I've seen of the Candyshell? Lastly, I try to get my iPhone 4 into and it it's SUCH a squeeze that I nearly break the sides and the rubber bits on the edges... does this sound like a fake to you? Should it be that hard to try and get my iphone 4 into it?! (still haven't pushed it all the way in because it looks like it will really snap in half if I do..).

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Bex

I just ordered this case, same color from Amazon.com. Speck cases are too cute and they seem to offer great protection without giving it the remote control look like otterbox cases tend to do.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net