What's new

Facetime ID on Iphone other than cellphone number

walterdavid

Reaction score
I will be receiving calls from Ipads. By default, my iphone ID will be my cellphone number for the Ipad caller. How do I change my Facetime ID on my iphone for incoming Ipad callers. It is a privacy issue. Thanks.

I will be receiving calls from Ipads. By default, my iphone ID will be my cellphone number for the Ipad caller. How do I change my Facetime ID on my iphone for incoming Ipad callers. It is a privacy issue. Thanks.

I have the same problem I ring the iPad for FaceTime and both the iPad and iPhone ring. I was told on here to create a separate account for the iPad but I don't want to do that and apple being as big as they are should allow us to determine which activates when a face time call comes in. I know you have 2 addresses selected but you cannot remove your apple ID and as the iPad is wifi only it goes to my apple ID. So I understand to change the iPhone to mobile number which I have done but as you cannot remove the ID part when a call comes via the ID it rings both. I hope you understand that (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

All you need to do is go to the Settings -> Facetime -> and "Add another email". I am not going through it on mine right now, but my MBP and iPhone use separate addresses, however I can set them up to use the same, and get the call on both.

The key, make sure whoever calls you uses the right email for the right device.

All you need to do is go to the Settings -> Facetime -> and "Add another email". I am not going through it on mine right now, but my MBP and iPhone use separate addresses, however I can set them up to use the same, and get the call on both.

The key, make sure whoever calls you uses the right email for the right device.

I've tried adding another email and it can't verify it. Even though it's a valid email.

iHolophyte

Want to clarify this a bit so that you understand my problem. I do not have an Ipad, just the Iphone. Many of my friends and acquaintances have ipads. I want the friends to use my cellphone number to facetime me, and others (the acquaintances), to use my email address. How do I do that, and if I do that, can people still facetime me using my cellphone number? I want to be able to do it both ways. Don't mind giving out my email address, but don't want everybody privy to my cellphone number. Does that make sense?

Want to clarify this a bit so that you understand my problem. I do not have an Ipad, just the Iphone. Many of my friends and acquaintances have ipads. I want the friends to use my cellphone number to facetime me, and others (the acquaintances), to use my email address. How do I do that, and if I do that, can people still facetime me using my cellphone number? I want to be able to do it both ways. Don't mind giving out my email address, but don't want everybody privy to my cellphone number. Does that make sense?

You can do this easily yes
Step one go to settings.
Step two scroll down to face time.
Step three inside face time click into caller ID
Step 4 either select your number or email to be reached at. If you are selective on who gets your number click the email address if your selective on who gets your email address select the number.
I think for your preferences you'd be best to pick email.

Even though you have selected email. Using either the email or number will still activate face time. Only difference is, if you face time it shows your email and not your number. If you select number as the face time option then when you ring it shows your number.
So click email and away you go.

iHolophyte