What's new

FaceTime crashing iPad and 2iphones

L.c.clench

Reaction score
The story so far...
Been using FaceTime to chat with my father from my iPad to his. My iPad began crashing. Not just the app, but the entire iPad crashed multiple times when trying to use FaceTime. Would reboot with the apple logo and everything.

Took it to the apple store and they said it sounded like a hardware issue and happily replaced it with a brand new one. (great customer service)

Tried again tonight to FaceTime with my father and it crashed again. Tried with my iPhone 4s and even my girlfriend's iPhone 4s and all are crashing.

Have not had problems with using FaceTime with others (talked to my brother from 4s-4s with no issues). Obliviously not an individual hardware issue if all 3 devices are failing.

I'm thinking it could be a problem with out Internet/router, but wouldn't think that would crash the devices themselves.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
-Paul

It happended the same to me, but in my case the router was crashing. After 30 sec or one min of using facetime, my net was out. So, after I reset the router everything is fine again. Tomorrow I will change it.