What's new

Facetime activation stucked

tos

Reaction score
Hi friends. Got this new White iPhone 4. I am unable to get my FaceTime activated. I have seen many people encountered with this problem but didn't find any definite solution. I have a uk bought phone and I am using it in India.

hello and welcome to the forum. The contact you are calling need to have an iPhone4 and need to be on wifi same as you before you can face time with your contact. Unless you are on a 3rd party app which i don't see why video conversation wouldn't work.

where in the uk did you buy it? the apple store?

go into the settings and make sure facetime is set to on

FaceTime is restricted in certian countries, but I'm not sure which...

Thanks bab , I am on wifi and before I can try anyone I need to activate it which is not happening. When I slide on the FaceTime button in settings>phones it asks ur carrier will charge u some money and when I click ok it's get stuck on activation.

Unleashed. I bought it in India. I asked the country of purchase to which the shopkeeper replied UK.

@gaz, that's in gulf countries not here in India.

Thanks bab , I am on wifi and before I can try anyone I need to activate it which is not happening. When I slide on the FaceTime button in settings>phones it asks ur carrier will charge u some money and when I click ok it's get stuck on activation.

Ho... Mine is activate then. I don't remember having troubles activating.

bab2010 said:
hello and welcome to the forum. The contact you are calling need to have an iPhone4 and need to be on wifi same as you before you can face time with your contact. Unless you are on a 3rd party app which i don't see why video conversation wouldn't work.

My face time will not work , without wifi and wen I use it wiv wifi, it says calling alex and or 2 others??? Why and why do I need wifi, I thort the whole point of face time was to use one device!!!

My face time will not work , without wifi and wen I use it wiv wifi, it says calling alex and or 2 others??? Why and why do I need wifi, I thort the whole point of face time was to use one device!!!
GPRS or 3G is too limited to support video talk on the iPhone and that's why the wifi is needed.