What's new

Extened Caller ID

squill2121

Reaction score
I am looking for a caller id app that will tell you who is calling when the number is not from your contact list. Basically the same thing your phone does and my old blackberry did. (BB had an app) I have search everywhere but cant find an app.

I am looking for a caller id app that will tell you who is calling when the number is not from your contact list. Basically the same thing your phone does and my old blackberry did. (BB had an app) I have search everywhere but cant find an app.

Doesn't it already do that? If a number is not in my contact list it comes up with a number but no name. Like; 01234567890 is calling" How would a phone know whose that number is? would be a flipping good app if it could tell you who was on the other end even when you don't know.

iHolophyte

It shows the number but other platforms (android and blackberry) have apps that show the name of the caller like your home phon does.

It shows the number but other platforms (android and blackberry) have apps that show the name of the caller like your home phon does.

So you mean that if I use my mobile phone number to call your blackberry phone, it will display my name in your blackberry even though you do not know me, nor have my contact saved in your blackberry phone???

Only home phones show caller display if you have their name preset to that number. The iPhone works the same way. Home phone or cell/mobile phone will not give a name as well. Like bab2010 says, if she rang you it would not come up with bab2010 calling unless the name was stored to that number. No app android apple or otherwise can do this!

iHolophyte

Squill, I think the only way landlines know the name of the person calling is when it is from another landline and the name is not blocked by the caller.

Verizon offers a feature that when I call from my cell phone it shows up as the name I tell it to. Pretty cool feature.

I would like an app like you are talking about as well but I think it would work almost exclusivley with landline calls.