What's new

Call Announcer

zandersn

Reaction score
I am a brand new owner of an iPhone 4S. I switched over from a Droid X and the Andriod OS. On my Droid, I had an app that would read the number from the caller ID when someone called, and compared it to entries in my contact list, and then announce who was calling (i.e. Mary Zanders Calling) and would repeat it twice and then the ring tone would sound. It did the same for SMS messages as well by saying SMS from Mary Zanders.

Is there any app out there that does this for the iPhone? I found some but it looks like I would have to go in and generate a ring tone for each and every contact in my contact list. That will take way to long.

Anyone have any recommendations?

zandersn said:
I am a brand new owner of an iPhone 4S. I switched over from a Droid X and the Andriod OS. On my Droid, I had an app that would read the number from the caller ID when someone called, and compared it to entries in my contact list, and then announce who was calling (i.e. Mary Zanders Calling) and would repeat it twice and then the ring tone would sound. It did the same for SMS messages as well by saying SMS from Mary Zanders.

Is there any app out there that does this for the iPhone? I found some but it looks like I would have to go in and generate a ring tone for each and every contact in my contact list. That will take way to long.

Anyone have any recommendations?

There is a tweak for this in Cydia. But ya have to be jailbroken to get Cydia.