What's new

Ever notice a decrease in the performance of your phone?

TBaGZ

Reaction score
After you have installed winterboard and themes have you ever noticed a decrease in the performance of your phone? I have had my iPhone 4 JB for almost 2 years, but I do not run any themes on it, yet. There are some cool lock screen themes I was thinking of checking out.

Winterboard and themes will use up some ram. How much depends on the widgets and overall optimization of the theme.

If your iPhone 4 has been Jailbroken for 2 years... you might be due for an iOS update. What iOS version are you running?

I run with no themes. The themes kill your phone and use memory and resources. I'm on 6.1.0 jb and my phone is as snappy as ever.

I just updated it to 6.1.

That's what I was thinking. They will suck up a bunch of RAM.

I would say try one and see what happens for you. I have a few different themes both Winterboard and dreamboard based and dont notice any lag with any of them. Really whats the worst you can have happen.... you dont like it and uninstall it?

Heavy process demanding themes will drain your phones vitality, especially themes from Dreamboard since there are so many widgets running at once an your phone has to prioritize those widgets and such. Or if it's a graphic demanding theme like ones that have a clock widget as part of your background, that'll definitely contribute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

What I did to my iPhone 5 was this:

1st - When the jailbreak evasi0n came out, I backed up my iPhone on iTunes.
2nd - Performed the jailbreak and went crazy installing themes and tweaks.
3rd - Chose which themes and tweaks that I like to use
4th - Restored my iPhone to factory settings via iTunes (unnecessary because I can just remove the themes and tweaks that I don't want but I'm a bit OC like that)
5th - re-jailbroke my iPhone and installed only the themes and tweaks that I have chosen.

My tip to the original poster is you can try it out. If you don't like it, then you can just restore your phone.

Heavy process demanding themes will drain your phones vitality, especially themes from Dreamboard since there are so many widgets running at once an your phone has to prioritize those widgets and such. Or if it's a graphic demanding theme like ones that have a clock widget as part of your background, that'll definitely contribute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

What do you mean by graphic demanding themes? Do the themes that just change the icons and status bar demand a lot?

What do you mean by graphic demanding themes? Do the themes that just change the icons and status bar demand a lot?

No, you shouldn't notice any difference with themes that just change graphical aspects. The themes that are high on resources are ones with widgets, live icons, live wallpapers, etc.

Ok thanks. I've just notice my battery sucked today and the only things I changed was my theme and I downloaded the game ruzzle. But I also charged my phone off a mophie external battery too. So maybe it didn't get a solid charge last night.

i have stopped using themes, theres better things my phone can do besides wasting battery on themes, but i am on my phone 24/7 :)