What's new

Evasion icon still on springboard

kruseanderson

Reaction score
I jailbroke mine and my wife's 4s's. Mine seems to be working fine, but hers still has the evasion icon on the springboard and the springboard keeps crashing. Do I need to go through the process again? Should I restore or ??? first? or can I just run the jail break again?

Perform a hard reset on the device and see if it's still there. If it is, it's best to restore fresh and rejailbreak to work out all the kinks as well as while the iOS 7.0.4 window is still open

Have had to hard reset it everytime it crashes, so I guess restore and start over will be my next step. Do you think a backup will reinstall after a restore?

And thanks!

If you have a backup made prior to the jailbreak, use that instead of creating a new one

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

I restored to a fresh os. Then restored a backup and rejailbroke. The evasion icon is still there. Not sure if it affects anything. It isn't crashing like it was but I haven't installed anything.

Open up Cydia and see if the Evasi0n7 Untether package is installed. If so, delete the Evasi0n icon, and reboot, and see if anything happens (shouldn't)

Did as you suggested. Evasion was in cydia so I deleted the icon on the springboard. All seems ok. I haven't installed any thing from cydia but it is not rebooting like it was.
Might wait a bit before installing anything back onto her phone.

Reboot the device several times and see if there's an issue with recovery loops or being stuck on the Apple logo. If 3-4 reboots results in no loops of any kind, that would mean that your jailbreak was successful, and just that the device "forgot" to clean up the icon after use. You can probably go ahead and install packages on the device.