What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Yes, both are Sauriks. He teased a working Winterboard core on pre-A7 devices a little while back, possibly tweaking it for ARM 64 support, or, it can play out on 32-bit only aspects for ARM 64 devices. The constant reload may be a part of Saurik's coding to ensure that the freshest packages are available. On the older devices, as long as there was an outstanding cache, Cydia would not auto-recache. In this build, it recaches regardless of when your last access was.

EDIT:

As a safety precaution/net for all jailbreakers, please install afc2add, OpenSSH and MobileTerminal onto your devices before installing ANY packages through Cydia. With these 3 packages, you can troubleshoot 99% of problems on jailbroken devices, which is especially important if the latest iOS is not jailbreak-able. That way, we can troubleshoot your issue without having to perform a complete restore and lose your jailbreak. The 3 packages take up an extremely negligible amount of space on your device and none of them conflicts or causes any issue to your device, and makes troubleshooting a heck of a lot easier.

Optionally, you can manually install Cydia (Mobile) Substrate, which will also install Substrate Safe Mode, which can also be used for troubleshooting quite a few issues. Many tweaks rely on Cydia Substrate, so you may or may not have to install it manually as a package with a Cydia Substrate dependency will automatically download it as well.

Last edited:
Further - if you do install OpenSSH, please, please, please change your mobile password. It is default set to "alpine." If you don't change it, past history has proven that people can access your phone and do whatever they wish.

You can find directions for changing it on Cydia (at the main page, scroll down to the line "Root Password How-To”). I use the method that uses Mobile Terminal. It's easy to do and will be one sure way of safeguarding your device.

Just saying...

Marilyn

Finally decided to update to ios7 last night. And jb it as well. Took a little longer than expected because I got stuck in recovery mode.

Then I updated iTunes and then tried it again and it worked.

Has anyone else tried jailbreaking an iPhone 4 on iOS7? I've just tried it, and now my iPhone 4 has been stuck on the Apple logo for the past 45 minutes.. Has the initial start-up after jailbreak taken this long for anyone else?

Has anyone else tried jailbreaking an iPhone 4 on iOS7? I've just tried it, and now my iPhone 4 has been stuck on the Apple logo for the past 45 minutes.. Has the initial start-up after jailbreak taken this long for anyone else?

1) Did you remove your passcode lock prior to jailbreaking

2) Did you restore fresh to iOS 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4 at at point in time

3) Were you interacting with the stock apps on the device during the process

1) Did you remove your passcode lock prior to jailbreaking

2) Did you restore fresh to iOS 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4 at at point in time

3) Were you interacting with the stock apps on the device during the process

1) Yes

2) I loaded a fresh version of IOS7 via iTunes. It was not an OTA update.

3) No. I only unlocked the phone when the evasi0n program told me to unlock to press the "Jailbreak" icon.

My iPhone 4 jailbroke easily on 7.0.4. No complications. Did you jailbreak from a PC or Mac? Mine was from a Mac.

And for what it's worth, I've jailbroken 4 devices now and had my pass code on all of them and it didn't affect the jailbreak process at all.

My iPhone 4 jailbroke easily on 7.0.4. No complications. Did you jailbreak from a PC or Mac? Mine was from a Mac.

And for what it's worth, I've jailbroken 4 devices now and had my pass code on all of them and it didn't affect the jailbreak process at all.

MacBook Pro on Snow Leopard (Version 10.8.4).

Mine got stuck there as well. After sitting there for a good long time I unplugged it, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in. After that it continued on. I didn't know what else to do.

Mine got stuck there as well. After sitting there for a good long time I unplugged it, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in. After that it continued on. I didn't know what else to do.

Just tried that... Nothing seems to have changed... :(

My iTunes isn't even picking the phone up, so no chance of restoring it again.

Would the Apple shop (last last resort) be able to restore or or something?

Put your phone in DFU and restore to 7.0.4 then try the jailbreak again. I did mine on Mac and I missed the pass code but still worked

Put your phone in DFU and restore to 7.0.4 then try the jailbreak again. I did mine on Mac and I missed the pass code but still worked

Hey, thank you so much for saving my iPhone! I did just what you said (restored as new iPhone this time round) and ran the jailbreak again, and no issues. Does it make a difference to the jailbreak if you restore from backup and restore as new iPhone?

Hey, thank you so much for saving my iPhone! I did just what you said (restored as new iPhone this time round) and ran the jailbreak again, and no issues. Does it make a difference to the jailbreak if you restore from backup and restore as new iPhone?

If you mean restore from backup after jail breaking, no, it doesn't matter. You can elect to "restore as new phone," jail break and then "restore from backup." It's the same if you had put the backup on first (before jail breaking).

Marilyn