What's new

"Ether net-radio" for iPhone4

iphoneman

Reaction score
Helo all,

I just wanted to have FM radio for iPhone4 for but noticed that there is no one (built in), but instead can use app for net-radio.

I bought the "Ether" net-radio app via iTunes. This is very nice app but the problem is that I have not find a way to get added new radio channel to it e.g. local FM radios which are on the net.

I just want some hints how to add local FM radios/feeds to this app? Or advice what would be better app including this option?

All information is very welcome - Thanks!

Best reagrds

iphoneman

You should be able to copy the URL into the app. (URL is the web address thats displayed when your listening thru your browser)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. In the app there is two fields to add: "name" and "feed". I guess that the name field is just the name to be displayed in the screen (name of the radio sation) and the feed is pointing to actual net-radio. I tried to put URL by using all info I had, but it did not work. Not sure which went wrong? Or is there something special to know in the format what to put to "feed" field?

Any one who has done it, let me know with examble of the string for "feed" field?

rgds

iphoneman

Hello,

I just opened one local net-radio site and found "feed" / URL to be used:

**sorry here should be the URL but as I am new user, this cannot be sent** (more than 3 post needed) :(

I enter this to my WEB browser and actually in opened my iTunes application on the laptop and then radio station was able to listen.

So, if I like to have this same radio station in iPhone4 with Ether app, should I add the "feed" (URL) exactly same way or something different?

rgds jukka

Hello,

Wow, maybe I did some typo in the first try...I added the very same URL as mentioned in the previous post and now it started to work OK!! :)

Thanks for all comments!

rgds Jukka