What's new

Error while syncing: Cannot write to device

Scottintexas

Reaction score
The wording in the title may not be exact. I can repeat the error, but it takes a few hours. Since I had to restore my hard drive, when I plug in my iphone and itunes opens it goes through the normal "Backing up..." and syncing. But after it looks at the files it needs to sync it says copying 1 of 1132 files. And on it goes for a long, long time. Really there may only be about 50 or fewer files to copy. After an hour or more it was at 92 of 1132. After several hours an error comes up that says an error occurred and it was unable to write to the device and nothing gets synced. I upgraded to the most recent OS hoping that would fix things. But that didn't work. Is my phone broken? If so, I will have to probably ship it away and I'll end up getting a refurbished POS in return. Sometimes I can really get a hate on for Apple.

Thats sounds weird, i would just contact Apple and see if there is anything the can do on there end. How old is the phone? Do you have insurance on it, if so just have them send you out a new one?

Scottintexas said:
The wording in the title may not be exact. I can repeat the error, but it takes a few hours. Since I had to restore my hard drive, when I plug in my iphone and itunes opens it goes through the normal "Backing up..." and syncing. But after it looks at the files it needs to sync it says copying 1 of 1132 files. And on it goes for a long, long time. Really there may only be about 50 or fewer files to copy. After an hour or more it was at 92 of 1132. After several hours an error comes up that says an error occurred and it was unable to write to the device and nothing gets synced. I upgraded to the most recent OS hoping that would fix things. But that didn't work. Is my phone broken? If so, I will have to probably ship it away and I'll end up getting a refurbished POS in return. Sometimes I can really get a hate on for Apple.

Try authorizing the device through iTunes. Open iTunes and look for the store tab. Select authorize this computer from the drop down menu and try syncing again