What's new

iphone 4 syncing issue

xrayeyes said:
What happens if you sync without syncing the apps? Guessing it's a corrupted file or app.

It won't sync without syncing the apps! :-/ it backs up and then doesn't transfer the purchases, straight away goes to step 4, Determining apps to sync and just stops there! I can't put music or anything on it! :-/ I have downloaded all the apps again, not using the old ones!

So, you are saying you have the Apps sync box Unchecked in iTunes under "apps" and it's still trying to sync them anyway? Very strange. I'm sorry I can't help more.

xrayeyes said:
So, you are saying you have the Apps sync box Unchecked in iTunes under "apps" and it's still trying to sync them anyway? Very strange. I'm sorry I can't help more.

How do I do that? I haven't unchecked the box!

Connect your phone to iTunes. Highlight your phone in the left hand pane. Then Highlight "Apps" at the top of the page. Your device's apps should load. Uncheck at the top if the page where it asks to sync apps. If your phone backs up normally you might want to uncheck all apps and then sync one by one until u find the one that is causing the issue. That process will not delete them from your phone.

Sorry let me clarify that second part of tr process It won't delete them from iTunes but it will take them off ur phone until u resync them

xrayeyes said:
Sorry let me clarify that second part of tr process It won't delete them from iTunes but it will take them off ur phone until u resync them

Thank u! I'll definitely try that! *fingers crossed* it even asked that it'll remove 6 apps to sync the music and I clicked okay but it still does that!