What's new

Error code 1 in cydia

iphone6

Reaction score
error: subprocess extra-installation script
killed by signal

error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I am getting these errors when i am trying to install anything from cydia plz help what to do ..do i need to rejailbreak i have iphone 4 4.2.10 cdma

iphone6 said:
error: subprocess extra-installation script
killed by signal

error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I am getting these errors when i am trying to install anything from cydia plz help what to do ..do i need to rejailbreak i have iphone 4 4.2.10 cdma

Nothing needs to be done. This is normal. Busy servers....that's all. No need to restore or rejailbreak.

Open Cydia and tap on "Changes" then tap "Refresh" in the top left corner.

Now just wait for it to load. It might give you errors...it might not, either way, this usually fixes the "unable to locate package" problem. always do this when Cydia says its unable to locate a package.

Thanks zig but I have tried refreshing cydia many times but its the same and also I am anable to update it to 5.0.1 I bought paid software from cydia like barrel but this also failed to install and I have tried to contact the developer (saurik)many times but no reply dono what to do now...:(

iphone6 said:
Thanks zig but I have tried refreshing cydia many times but its the same and also I am anable to update it to 5.0.1 I bought paid software from cydia like barrel but this also failed to install and I have tried to contact the developer (saurik)many times but no reply dono what to do now...:(

Just gotta wait man. Or restore. Or maybe reinstalling Cydia(very easy to do by the way, but not if iFile isn't already installed from
Cydia).