What's new

Error 21 again

Userpohne5

Reaction score
Hello friends!
I need help! If you can (any hint help).

Windows 7 iPhone 5 - updated itunes - original cables - updated pc drives.

I will summarize ... I forgot my iphone at home and it all discharged one day there tried to reload and he was the apple looping.
I tried to restore it in DFU mode, and also in recovery mode, but the two modes show the error 21 and can not proceed with the installation of ios.
I had this problem a few months ago in the same cases and managed to fix it.
I found that the error 21 was appearing for the moment it will install on the iphone ios, he was disconnecting the device ... and to successfully achieve the installation, the device can not disconnect. So it was back to go to restoration screen or dfu (however had already disconnected). And so the error 21.
In the first time I gave this error very researched and several people said it was the battery. But I kept trying to fix yourself at home. and got even without changing the battery. I confess I do not remember in detail what I did because I was so excited when I could not pay attention.

I remember a friend said to try using TinyUmbrella, and uncheck the option "set hosts to Cydia on Exit" But this option in Advanced, can not remember if it was possible to be check or uncheck. But I was able to make the itunes restore my iphone is that first time! When installing iPhone NOT disconnected and the installation was normal .. it worked several months ..

Finally, now again I have the same problem. Error 21, for cases discharged completely.
Anyone have any tips? A program (I do not know), to avoid the iPhone restart during the installation ???
Help guys .. to several days trying to solve ... Thanks!

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Error 21 sometimes means you have a hardware issue. Here are a few things you could try, maybe they'll help:

When you get this error, close iTunes on your computer and open it again.

Deactivate antivirus software and firewall, as long as you try restoring your iPhone.

Unplug every other USB device, and try restoring again.

Make sure USB cable, internet and computer are reliable.

If none of this helps, contact Apple Support, or take your iPhone to the next Apple Retail Store.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Error 21 sometimes means you have a hardware issue. Here are a few things you could try, maybe they'll help:

When you get this error, close iTunes on your computer and open it again.

Deactivate antivirus software and firewall, as long as you try restoring your iPhone.

Unplug every other USB device, and try restoring again.

Make sure USB cable, internet and computer are reliable.

If none of this helps, contact Apple Support, or take your iPhone to the next Apple Retail Store.

Hey! J.A!

Thanks for the answer ! I Tried All That said , however no avail ... = / If you , or others forum have more tips on How to fix the error 21 , help! = /

Does that mean that you took the iPhone to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store in addition to the other suggestions that were offered and they were unable to help?

Does that mean that you took the iPhone to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store in addition to the other suggestions that were offered and they were unable to help?

so-so ... it happens that the last time that this error occurred 21 I could fix , and alone at home, and reading in some forums , I found that the error was that the iPhone was not getting connected during the installation of IOS. it unplugged alone .. and if I could solve it again this time , I'm sure would return to normal and would install

It's not always possible to fix this alone. I'm afraid you'll have to get help and visit Apple this time.