What's new

keep getting error 21

bcaughhorn

Reaction score
i got a iphone 4 from somebody else that had been wet. i bought a new battery and put in it. it comes on now and when its plugged in itunes says its in recovery mode and needs to be restored. everytime i try to restore it i get error 21. anybody have any tips? i was told to download recboot but im not very good on computers so i cant figure out how to use it.

[h=3]Error 20, 21, 23, 26, 28, 29, 34, 37[/h]These errors typically occur when security software interferes with the restore and update process. FollowTroubleshooting security software issues to resolve this issue. In rare cases, these errors may be a hardware issue. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

This is from the apple website. Try turning off firewall or antivirus software. Also I have run into this error while running peer blocker software as well.

We tried all of that already. I tried tinyumbrella and that didn't help either

Did you try recboot? It's for putting phone into and out of recovery. It's super easy 2 bottons enter recovery and exit recovery.

Yes I tried that too. Now its not showing that it needs to be plugged in but just keeps flashing the apple logo. When I plug it in it still says its in recovery mode and now I get error 3194 if I remember correctly