What's new

error -1

hashim09

Reaction score
hi, i am trying to restore my iphone 3gs and at the end i get a error -1 and i cant exit recovery mode. i used ireb and tinyumbrella. i tried restoring the iphone on 2 computers, my macbook pro and hp g71. so far nothing worked. i also tried putting it in dfu mode and restoring. still no solution. i checked what that error meant, it said something about a last ditch method or something like that. i tried using custom ipsws from snowbreeze and it still doesnt work. please help this is my friends phone and i dont want to mess it up for him please

Just done a google search on the error having trouble finding info is that the full error code

Have you tried connecting data lead into iphone then holding home button 10-15secs until connect to iTunes comes on screen than plug into computer

yes that is the full error code. i had trouble searching too thats why i came to this site and joined. what do you meant by connecting data lead into iphone? i tried restoring it from recovery mode and dfu mode.

never mind found a solution. turns out the firmware i tried to flash had the ipad baseband and my iphone 3gs 8gb was a newer model that had the toshiba baseband chip. thanks for the help anyway