What's new

Email with confirmation #

dltang

Reaction score
Both my husband and I got an email yesterday a few hours after our order at the AT&T store with a wireless order confirmation and a transaction number. Both of our numbers are in the 7600 range. Looks basically like this:
AT&T - iPhone Wireless Order Confirmation
Dear Brian ,
Thank you for your recent order. Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to ship on or after June 24, 2010. Your order details as well as activation instructions are included below.
As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870.
Here are your order details:
iPhone Order Details:
Order Transaction Number: 76--
Shipping Zip Code: 48---

I really hope this means we will get our phones in a timely manner. I also hope the low number is relative to the larger 600,000 and that we will be early in the shipping line.

I believe that Apple quit taking orders once they had sold out so I think if you have any type of order confirmation you are good to go.

Apple is usually really good about getting products to you on time... unless you live in an area where saturday delivery is not available.

That happened to me with my iPad.

7200? sounds to me you will be getting it around the 28th? how long will it take apple to fill over 7 thousand orders? they should tell customers expected arrival date for as many as they can

That sounds like you'll be getting them after 24th but not terribly after. (before July maybe?)

Your confirmation email is a little bit different than mine and I suppose it's because I went and did it through their website but your's sound more assuring than mine which didn't include me any dates.

I ordered mine from the At&t website on the 15th. Today I receieved a confirmation email but it contained no other information.

I received a confirmation order from AT&T at 7:59am est Tuesday morning. That's the time I pre ordered my iphone4 from AT&T website. Basically it had my order number and which iPhone I purchased and the price I paid.

I received my transfer # email 1 hour or so later at 9:11am telling me they received my number request successfully m

Today Thursday June 17th I received an email at 1:26 am with order # and phone # transfer request telling me my order has been received and is being processed in the order it was received. I do not need to take any action. I will receive an email if they need any additional information. I can track it by going to bla bla and putting order # in. When I do this it just shows "in process".

So will I get mine on the 24th? It was ordered at 7:59am est from AT&T website. I hope so.

yea i don't see why it's so hard just to give a confirmed day, you would think they would atleast know within a day or 2 when it will be there

when they have over 600.000 orders i can see why its so hard ;) unless ur not in the us

7200? sounds to me you will be getting it around the 28th? how long will it take apple to fill over 7 thousand orders? they should tell customers expected arrival date for as many as they can

Keep your hopes up, Fedex processes 3.3 milion packages daily. =]

damn thats a lot. so maybe even before the 28th in the middle somewhere? they use royal mail here

i just sent my sim cards to newcastle :S i hope the guy does not steal my money and sims :/

so he cut them up to micro sim size

got my tracking number yesterday... so i'm assuming everyone under 200,000 or so got one as well