What's new

email question.

deevel79

Reaction score
Is there anyway to set it up so that you can recieve emails instantly rather than manually having to retrieve them or wait the 15 minute, 30 minute, or 1hr option?

Go to settings>mail>fetch new data>advanced. Then select the account. Then select push

Go to settings>mail>fetch new data>advanced. Then select the account. Then select push

Thank You Jrallen97.

Actually after I select the account, the only options I have are fetch and manual.

I'm on the Verizon network if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

Thank You Jrallen97.

Actually after I select the account, the only options I have are fetch and manual.

I'm on the Verizon network if that makes any difference.

Ok follow these pictures:
7b797131-8a2a-5cd9.jpg
7b797131-8a36-3639.jpg
7b797131-8a43-6af8.jpg

Do you have notifications turned on under settings? Have you sync'd to a computer to make sure you have the latest updates? I also have Verizon and the option to push is available to me. I get too many emails to use it so I have mine set to manual so mine just updates when I open my mail

I have it set up this way now. My question is, is there any way that I can have my emails arrive asap like with my previous blackberry instead of waiting 15 minutes?

I have it set up this way now. My question is, is there any way that I can have my emails arrive asap like with my previous blackberry instead of waiting 15 minutes?

You might want to get a 3rd party app which push notification to your home or lock screen the second a new mail land in your mailbox from the apple store "iPriorityMail"
The inbuilt push notification wouldn't be less than 15mn because apple is caring about the battery's life and even every 15mn to fetch your email will eat your battery, iPriorityMail eat much more battery power by infinitely checking your emails every second, this process invoke ofcourse the presence of data connection and so battery doesn't live longer.
You can also use "PushMod" if your phone is jailbreak, see the screenshot:
ade71d16-963a-12ab.jpg

Last edited: