What's new

email problem

mattydipps

Reaction score
hey everyone im new to the forum and new to iphone in general im having a problem with my gmail account ... if i get a new email it doesnt show up on my phone a notification doesnt pop up saying new email ... i periodically have to click mail and see if i have a new email ... is there anything that can be done about this ... thanks in advance

hey everyone im new to the forum and new to iphone in general im having a problem with my gmail account ... if i get a new email it doesnt show up on my phone a notification doesnt pop up saying new email ... i periodically have to click mail and see if i have a new email ... is there anything that can be done about this ... thanks in advance

is push enabled? if you bought it from someone it might have been disabled. try that

Just got my iPhone a couple days ago. But I got push to work by setting up gmail as an exchange acct. Then double click home. Stop the mail program. Go into settings under mail unchecked sync mail. Started mail app. Go into settings check sync mail again. Stop app. And restart. Push now works perfect for me.