What's new

email notification

krickabaugh

Reaction score
I just got the iphone5 and I can't get it to notify me when an email comes in. I have notifications turned on in settings. I have to go into my email for the iphone to tell me I have a new email. text notifications work fine. Any ideas? Thanks

you need to go into your settings for email, and have them pushed by every hour 3 hours so on ....... You probaly have your email set up for manually........

settings>mail,contacts, calender >fetch new data and then turn push to on or fetch however you want. worked for me.

i am having the same issue. My fetch is set to manually and my email is set up as a POP3 account.
My wifes iphone 5 fetch is also set to manually but she uses AOL as her mail client.
With my phone i need to select the mail icon in order to get new mail.
My wifes phone gets instant emails. I send her an email and she receives it in less than 10 seconds without pressing a thing.

I did notice on her phone under Fetch New Data > Advanced > AOL > Select Schedule
She has options
Push
Fetch
Manual

Push is selected
It also says "If Push is not available, the Fetch schedule will be used."

In mine I dont have a Push option, only Fetch and Manual and it doesnt say the "If Push is not available..." quote

What is the deal?