What's new

Email deletion

MidwestMoon

Reaction score
So I get done with deleting like 1000 email messages. To only see they are all back in the same folder. I made sure all emails are deleted in the settings.
This has been a issue with many of my iPhones I have had an iPad. I am using currently and IPhone 7+. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Nope. I posted a similar thread a month or so ago. No answers. I have to delete every email I get (a good 30 a day, all spam) 2 or 3 times before they are gone for good. Irritating as all hell. I've searched the internet NUMEROUS times and have yet to find an answer.

Apple needs to fix this seriously.. it's getting old especially having so many iPhones threw the yrs and this going on with all.

This works for me to delete all emails in a folder ...just make sure you have ones you need moved to another folder ...
IMG_3661.jpg

Try Logdog, Senders, and Unroll.Me. All help reduce or eliminate spam and prevent email tracking.

Have you changed your settings so that they delete immediately? That is done in Settings under Mail, Advanced.

I've iCloud email, Gmail and two (Dovecot/Postfix) IMAP servers configured on both iPhone 6S and iPad. Have not seen this problem (yet?) on any of the accounts. When I delete, they go into the Trash, and that's it.

To those experiencing this problem: What email services are you using with which you experience this? It sounds to me like a server problem, rather than a client (application) problem, perhaps.

Mine has actually gotten worse this past week. Now I'm getting each email 4 or 5 times before it's finally deleted for good.

Have you changed your settings so that they delete immediately? That is done in Settings under Mail, Advanced.

Yup. Does not work.

I've iCloud email, Gmail and two (Dovecot/Postfix) IMAP servers configured on both iPhone 6S and iPad. Have not seen this problem (yet?) on any of the accounts. When I delete, they go into the Trash, and that's it.

To those experiencing this problem: What email services are you using with which you experience this? It sounds to me like a server problem, rather than a client (application) problem, perhaps.

Comcast email. Happens with my work email too, gmail. I deleted my work email from my phone because it wasn't worth the frustration. My Comcast I need on my phone though.

Hmmm... I have a Comcast email account, but, it may not be the same service you have, since I have business class service. I never use it for anything. I just set it up because I could.

Don't use Gmail for anything other than calendar notifications, any more, either. Won't even do that once I finally get around to moving calendar and contacts over to Apple.

Wow I haven't been on and I see the reply back! Whew thank you! Delete away worked!!