What's new

E-mails deleted from server

Crash7

Reaction score
Brand new iPhone 4 user here. I set up Google, Comcast and work e-mail accounts. All works fine except that I noticed when I delete e-mails from my iPhone they appear to get removed from the Google and Comcast accounts. I use MS Outlook XP at home on my laptop. The laptop is missing some e-mails that I received, and the only thing I can figure is that when I deleted them off the iPhone they were deleted off the laptop. I'm not an expert but I fail to see how that can happn. My Google and Comcast accounts in Outlook are set to leave messages on the server indefinitely and I will clean them up manually.

What am I missing here, and what should I look for to set correctly? Thanks!

I'm sorry I don't know exactly where to look but it is a setting on your mail providers account.

I'm sorry I don't know exactly where to look but it is a setting on your mail providers account.

Thanks. Do you mean it is a setting on the iPhone 4 itself, or on server/website of the provider?

I looked on the phone but darned if I see anything that tells me it's the right option to set.

Not on the phone. It's in the providers settings somewhere. It's the same setting that allows your Outlook account to delete messages off the server.

Thanks. I know my Outlook is set correctly but I'll have to go to the provider websites to confirm that.

im haveing the opposite problem...i want my emails to delete from my hotmail when i delete them from my phone,and they will not.doesnt even
mark them as read

ill check some setting i guess