What's new

Dyson is Launching an iPhone-Controlled Robot Vacuum Cleaner

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

9to5 Mac reports today that Dyson has announced an iPhone-controlled vacuum cleaner, the Dyson 360 Eye.

The cleaner uses Dyson’s patented cyclone technology, which involves dirt being thrown out of spiral airflows by centrifugal force.

This model takes one step further than even that impressive technology, however, with a 360-degree camera system, which enables the robot vacuum to use 3D reference points to place itself. This is the first robot vacuum cleaner to use this feature, as current robot vacuums only use 2D technology.

The Dyson 360 Eye will come complete with the Dyson Link iPhone app, which the owner can use to stop and start the device, as well as to schedule cleaning sessions. You can even use the app to monitor the robot vacuum’s activities remotely.

The Dyson 360 Eye will launch in Japan first next spring, and it is expected to launch worldwide later in 2015. 9to5 Mac notes that it will not be cheap!

Source: 9to5 Mac

Strangely enough I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner this week, Unfortunately I have to push it around myself ;)
I have to say it's fantastic though, I thought my carpets were clean until I bought that.

Strangely enough I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner this week, Unfortunately I have to push it around myself ;)
I have to say it's fantastic though, I thought my carpets were clean until I bought that.
I know, they are brilliant! I've got a very old battered one and it's still going strong!