What's new

Dropped my iPhone 4. :(

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Reaction score
Today is my 3rd day with my iPhone 4 for Verizon. I love the thing to death! I am originally an Android user, but ever since I saw the iPhone, I had to have one. :)

When I was getting out of my car, I had my phone on my lap, and had forgot it was there. It fell maybe a little bit over 1 foot from the ground. I freaked out and picked it up to find my case had taken the blow and it landed screen side up (Thank God!). I have the Speck Geo-Metric case. I wiped the dust off of it to find not a single abrasion on the case! I was amazed!

My main concern, is how does the iPhone 4 stand in terms of the touch sensitivity/accuracy being thrown off due to dropping it? The reason I am asking is because if an Android phone was dropped, you can kiss your touch accuracy goodbye (And for my Android, it only took a single drop, at the same height I dropped my iPhone). It would hit letters next to the letter you wanted to hit, during texting, etc.

Wouldn't be too concerned. It was only a 1 footer. My brother flipped over a Hammock with his wifes iPhone 4 in hand and it fell, glass chipped a bit, but works fine, and I'm sure the impact was greater than your crash.