What's new

Dragon Dictation 2.0 iOS 4 Update Out Now

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu3E2OWvn-Q[/ame]​

Nuance Communications has today released Dragon Dictation 2.0 to the App Store, which is the iOS 4-compatible update for its popular (and free!) speech-to-text app. The updated app supports both US and UK English, with additional language support to be added soon, starting with German at the end of July. Another feature of the update is the upgraded interface, which now includes a pop-up toolbar with app icons that enable you to speak a status update and send it directly to Facebook or Twitter, or to speak any text and send it directly to the text messaging client or clipboard, all without ever having to leave the app. Dragon Dictation 2.0 also features an Auto Save function that automatically saves your dictated text when interrupted by an incoming phone call.

First introduced in December 2009, Dragon Dictation has since been downloaded by millions. Here's Michael Thompson, senior vice president and general manager, Nuance Mobile, talking about Dragon Dictation 2.0:
“Millions of people have downloaded Dragon Dictation for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, and this latest version is a direct result of the features our user community has voiced would make the ‘must-have’ app even better. And with support for more languages, we’re answering the call from our Dragon fans around the world.”
Source: Nuance Mobile

I noticed this today and downloaded it straight away, don't really need it myself but being a member of the disability network in the UK civil service will be able to pass it on to all the other members. And want them to get it before they give it the tweeks it probably needs and start charging.

Installed it the other day and it's great. good to use when your thumbs are tired of typing ;)

its free lets download it and see:)

edit: i just tried it out and its very good. worth downloading, i put it in my Utilities folder :D

Last edited:
maybe it's my "southern twang" I can't get it to work worth a crap. It may get about 40% of what I say. Oh well at least it was free so I didn't waste any $$

yep no more typing you can just speak and paste it into a text or facebook or twicher.. they should do one for youtube..

I tried it again away from my noisy PC and it seems to be more accurate but still not 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one question guy can it recognize names?
an other question can it recognize sites names i.e google.com