What's new

Downloading ques.

bentol888

Reaction score
Hello Everybody, I'm brand new to the forum so I appologize if this question has already come up.

I was just wondering that if my wife was in the middle of downloading an app (using wifi), would it cause my phone to slow down or not be able to load pages normally if I was in the same room??

Hello Everybody, I'm brand new to the forum so I appologize if this question has already come up.

I was just wondering that if my wife was in the middle of downloading an app (using wifi), would it cause my phone to slow down or not be able to load pages normally if I was in the same room??

yup depending on your router, the more wireless devices connected at the same time can effect each others, i know if im downloading a big torrent on my laptop my iphone is slower on wifi then normal, when i shut down the laptop im back to fast speeds

its the same with any wifi connection no matter what device you use laptops desktops ipad ipod touch if your both on the same connection and one is downloading @ full speed it slows things down for the others connected, but if you have a good connection you wont notice anything even with 2mbit you would be ok

Thanks guys! Thats what I thought. It was driving me crazy because because pages were taking forever to load and I coulnt figure out why and every time I would get frustrated, my wife would get all excited because she had just downloaded this or that. Then the lightbulb came on and I found that the only time mine would be slow was when she was getting apps! :)