What's new

Download PDF files to PC

michael72688

Reaction score
I have created several PDF files on my iphone 6 using the CamScanner app. They are very large. I want to get them onto my PC (Windows 10). It appears that CamScanner will only allow this type of transfer via wifi to cloud services such as Google Drive. Because of the size and number of the files, wifi is not a good option. I opened iTunes, selected my device and clicked on Apps, scrolled down to File Sharing, clicked on CamScanner but the only document shown was TCSdkConfig.plist, which is not the PDF files.

In Windows Explorer I see my iphone but only have access to photos, not any other files.

Camscanner will allow me to send my PDFs to an album on my phone, but this converts them to .jpg and that's not what I want because my PDFs are multi-page and I want to keep it that way.

Is there an application I can download to my iPhone which will allow the files to be accessed/transferred via the sync cable to my windows PC?

Thanks

Is there a free app? I don't use pages for anything and would rather not spend 9.99.
thanks

I thought Pages was still free. I know it once was. I'll see if I can think of anything else. Doesn't Camscanner have an email option?

Yes, it does have an email option, but there are so many files that are so large that it isn't really an option.

I wonder if there's a way of transferring using iBooks. I've never tried it.

I do have an app called Airwatch Content. If I could just figure out how to find the files on the phone I might be able to use the Airwatch app and then get them to the PC

I've seen some file manager type apps in the app store but after reading the description I can't determine if they would actually do what I want. I could start downloading them but I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks

I guess what I'm asking for is a "Finder" or "Windows Explorer" for iPhone.

If all else fails, you can always email a file to yourself and then open the email on the other machine to save it. I used to do this all the time when I had a Linux laptop and an iPhone 4s (I didn't have a Mac or PC at that time).

If all else fails, you can always email a file to yourself and then open the email on the other machine to save it. I used to do this all the time when I had a Linux laptop and an iPhone 4s (I didn't have a Mac or PC at that time).

I should have included in my original post that the files are so large as to make it prohibitive to send them through email.

I went to the CamScanner website and discovered that if I log in there, the files on my iphone are sync'd (like Evernote) to there server. I then was able to download them to my PC. Unfortunately I could only download one at a time so it took awhile for 91 files but at least it is done. Thanks for all the help and suggestions