What's new

Download iCloud to iPhone 4S

alexfrench1

Reaction score
Hi all,

After running an iCloud backup I accidentally deleted some photos from my iPhone 4S that I wanted to keep. I wanted to save them to my computer before deleting them from my iPhone but forgot. So now the only place these photos are saved is on the iCloud.

Is there a way I can download them from iCloud back onto my iPhone without having to do a full system delete and restore? I've taken more photos since but I haven't backed them up to iCloud yet as I don't want to run another backup until I've restored the photos I've lost.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Alex.

You'll have to use software to access the backup and retrieve your photos, if they are there. iCloud Backup Extractor and iPhone Backup Extractor, e.g., should be able to access them. You'll have to download the software to your computer, and follow the instructions to get the missing images. I can't tell you if they really work, though.

If this doesn't help, there's no other way than to save the photos on your iPhone to the computer, erase all content and settings and restore from the backup with the deleted photos.

Hi J.A.,

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. I'll try the software option first and keep my fingers crossed. If it doesn't work and I have to restore from the iCloud backup, are there multiple backups to choose from or is it just the latest one?

Cheers,

Alex.

Afaik, in iCloud, there are more backups you can choose from, but you're only able to select one of them.

Last edited: