What's new

Downgrade to iOS 6!

elochai

Reaction score
Hey! Do you guys know any way to go back from iOS 9.2 to iOS 6? The iPhone 4S and iPad 2 already have this so I hope there's a way to the iPhone 5 as well! Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

It's not possible to revert to iOS 6. Apple made sure that the only software you'll be able to install on an iDevice is the one signed by them. At this very moment, these are 9.3 and 9.3.1.
While updating, iTunes connects to Apple servers, in order to verify the software you're trying to install. If it's a different one than those signed by Apple, you'll get an error, making it impossible to proceed.

Hey! Thanks for the answer!
I know that the official way is this but there's another solution for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to downgrade! That why I hoped there's a way for iPhone 5 too.
I'm so disappointed...! Why Apple forces me to use the os which I don't like because of the low speed and looking...?

That is or was only possible on devices that came with iOS 5 installed - iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.
The iPhone 5 came with iOS 6 installed, so it never was possible to downgrade.

I'm so sorry about that...! I was using my 4S running iOS 6.1.3, and it was perfect, I still have an iPhone 3GS, running 6.1.6, which I so much more like then this one... I hope one day there gonna be a way to downgrade. Thanks for the answer mate!

You're welcome.

Which software is installed on the iPhone 5? Did you perform the last update over the air (Settings - Software Update), or via iTunes?

It's running 9.2(13C75) at the moment! I have no landline and wire internet I have only mobile data so I upgrade only when it's necessary! I bought the iPhone second hand with this version of iOS, I hadn't updated it at all!

If you intend to update, use iTunes. It installs a fresh version of the latest software, and this can also help with the low speed.
Rebooting your iPhone might help as well.
Some of the settings can cause slow speed too.

I know that but my main problem is the looking of the iOS! I so much more like the old looking! The speed issue only the second problem! And even if I make all of the things you said it gonna be slow again soon, because of the weak hardware! This hardware was designed for using iOS 6! That's it! It's an old phone and I'd like to use it as it was before. I know that the apple gonna never let us go back but I hope at some beautiful day someone gonna find a way to do that!