What's new

Downgrading ios

felosargsyan777

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a question. Regarding downgrading. I want to know , that is it possible to downgrade from ios 6.... To ios 5....

If for example i have purchased for new iphone on which installed ios 6..... , it possible to downgrade?

I dont need to downgrade my ios, but i want to know, maybe it will be needed.

And what is blobs. I have listen this regarsing downgrading.

Thanks my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Pre-A5 devices can be downgraded. The only exception to this rule is the iPad 2 which is an A5 device and has special circumstances.

To downgrade to an iOS, you'll need SHSH blobs, which are basically archived signatures from Apple. Every time you restore to an iOS, Apple will provide a "key" or a "password" of a sort to verify and allow the device to update to that iOS. Once an iOS has stopped signing, you'll need SHSH blobs in order to downgrade.

Here's a very useful sticky by one of our moderators of both iPhone and iPad Forums that goes in-depth (and explains it better than I can)

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i.../shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-19986/

To list out the devices, these are the devices that are downgradable from iOS 6 to iOS 5
  • iPhone 3GS of any kind
  • iPhone 4 of any kind
  • iPad 2
Both generations of device will require SHSH blobs to downgrade as does any other device on any other iOS. SHSH blobs are mandatory.

Do note that if you do downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5, your backup from iTunes will not work as they use different "formats" if you will, of preserving data. So, you'll need to manually backup the data using applications on your computer like iFunBox or iExplorer, downgrade your device, then manually sync back that data.

I have read , its gived me manh information. But i have a question. When we buy new iphone, for example my iphone 4, there are installed ios 6.01 , so i cant have blobs. This mean, that i cant downgrade, yes?

When you purchase a new device and it comes preinstalled w/ iOS 6.0+... you cannot downgrade to 5.x.x since SHSH's don't exist for those iOS versions on that particular device.

Ok, now i understand well. Thank you ver much my friend . ;)