What's new

Does your IPHONE interfere with you cable tv?

tfalsetta

Reaction score
My iPhone interferes with my Timewarner cable tv. I have a scientific Atlantic 8300HD cable box with DVR capabilities this does not happen on all channels. Only the HD channels. And only certain channels. Like the golf channel (773 here). CNBC (731 here). What happens is e screen freezes and then continues i have impressed/suprised people by teeling them this then showing them Has anyone ever heard of this. It is not the cabling. It happens on the TVs as well in my house with cable box DVR capabilities. I do notice this is on 3G not while using wifi......

Never heard of it....but at least it is only the Golf Channel so who cares...LOL

So what exactly happens, how do you reproduce it, how do you know it's the phone, etc.

I've had several different phones with AT&T and Unicel that seem to interfere with the TV and the radio. If the handset is close to the TV when a text message or call is coming in, it'll make the picture flicker and get weird, same with the radio, if the handset is too close to a radio, it'll make the reception go wacky. I thought it had something to do with GSM phones, since Verizon phones don't seem to do it around here.

I've had several different phones with AT&T and Unicel that seem to interfere with the TV and the radio. If the handset is close to the TV when a text message or call is coming in, it'll make the picture flicker and get weird, same with the radio, if the handset is too close to a radio, it'll make the reception go wacky. I thought it had something to do with GSM phones, since Verizon phones don't seem to do it around here.

I have had multiple GSM phones before and they all interfere with electrical components like TV's and Computers and often you can hear a call coming in before the phone rings...this is normal when it comes to GSM phones, some phones are better than others and interfere less than some other brands.

I wonder why it does that though? I guess I could Google it?

I have had multiple GSM phones before and they all interfere with electrical components like TV's and Computers and often you can hear a call coming in before the phone rings...this is normal when it comes to GSM phones, some phones are better than others and interfere less than some other brands.

*LOL* My brother is on AT&T, anytime he is near his PC you can always tell when he is about to get a call as it creates a loud low frequency hum from the subwoofer. It also happens right before he receives a text.