What's new

Does iphone have better connectivity than Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch?

paisley

Reaction score
I'm new to smartphones and sparing what time I can to climb the steep learning curve. Any helpful info about the problem I'm experiencing will be appreciated!

• I'm running an app to process credit card charges. The location I run charges from has not changed.
  • My carrier is Sprint. The data plan has not changed.
When I had an iphone, the app worked speedily with never a failed transaction. But unfortuantely, I didn't care for other aspects of that phone, so I switched to the Samsung.

Now, the app is slow: I often have to sign in twice because the first one doesn't go through, and processing is noticeably slower and even times out about 30% of the time.

Since everything else is the same, I'm thinking it's the hardware, and I'll need to go back to the iphone for trouble-free running of this app.

Please share your experience/knowledge--TIA!

Doesn't really address my question with any useful info, but it's a frequently-voiced opinion, so you have plently of company, I guess. wow

Doesn't really address my question with any useful info, but it's a frequently-voiced opinion, so you have plently of company, I guess. wow

Without the name of the app for starters and also users who have actually used the app in question there isn't much help I can suggest

I believe the problem with android is this.

The android is open source so any phone manufacturer can use the os for free. The manufacturer also modifies the os with what I can only call bloat ware.

This in turn makes other problems for app developers. When an app is written they would not be able to test the app on all the handsets cos there are so many of them do they cannot guarantee the app to be bug free or even to work on all the android devices out there.

Last edited:
Intuit does list the brand/model I have as compatible. There are many android devices they won't claim to work with their app.

Of course, that promise and $4 will get me a fancy cup of coffee... One of the drawbacks of open source options, I guess. I might have to steel myself to tolerate the apple version of life. I would sure miss the android interface (though heaven knows it's far from perfect) and the large screen and light weight.

To be honest I would choose a blackberry over android or iPhone. Google copied apple so they both made portable games consoles. Blackberry on the other hand is aimed at business use. And my old blackberry worked great.

I don't recall whether the BB's listed as a compatible device for this app.

However, I still have both the iphone and the samsung, and I'm too busy to research another option and have 2 phones to sell, rather than just one.

If I do go back to the iphone, I'll have to figure out how to insure the samsung is wiped clean. Just read an article in the paper reporting on amateur hackers being able to extract info off of supposedly wiped-clean android phones.

I used to work in data recovery and the best thing I could suggest to you is wipe the device then fill the memory with useless data then wipe the device again. Even a wiped IPhone would have the same issue. You would need to overwrite the deleted data.

enots27 said:
I believe the problem with android is this.

The android is open source so any phone manufacturer can use the os for free. The manufacturer also modifies the os with what I can only call bloat ware.

This in turn makes other problems for app developers. When an app is written they would not be able to test the app on all the handsets cos there are so many of them do they cannot guarantee the app to be bug free or even to work on all the android devices out there.

I'm a former android developer and those are the exact reasons I gave up on android and switched to iOS. I find iOS to be faster, smoother and much more polished than any android device I've used - and I've used lots of them since the HTC G1 was released.

I wish I knew , but I don't think phone speeds has to do w each phone rather than what the best network for your area and how the app works in the phones.
I love my iPhone yes, but at the same time i do not dislike android. it's possible to enjoy both in my opinion as I do.
There is my iPad and there is my amazon fire two different devices but they give me satisfaction in the areas im looking for(not getting specific now lol) and I did own the Samsung captivate which at the time it ran great and past it over to my husband.
Basically it's hardware app network and network lol
4G speeds are faster IMO but not sure what area your in and If there is 4G.
Many people complain of glitchy and hangings w android phones.I'm guessing some phones work better than others w android system installed.

I wish I knew , but I don't think phone speeds has to do w each phone rather than what the best network for your area and how the app works in the phones.
I love my iPhone yes, but at the same time i do not dislike android. it's possible to enjoy both in my opinion as I do.
There is my iPad and there is my amazon fire two different devices but they give me satisfaction in the areas im looking for(not getting specific now lol) and I did own the Samsung captivate which at the time it ran great and past it over to my husband.
Basically it's hardware app network and network lol
4G speeds are faster IMO but not sure what area your in and If there is 4G.
Many people complain of glitchy and hangings w android phones.I'm guessing some phones work better than others w android system installed.

I have to agree with the last bit of this Comment I do think android seems to work better on certain handsets and without manufacture touching the os before shipment.

Btw what does IMO mean lmfao I seen a few people put this?