What's new

Help me choose a protection plan for my iPhone, only have a few days left.

bitetheapple

Reaction score
Going to try and be detailed as possible to see what you guys think I should do...

I have Verizon Wireless and we just upgraded our phones, we got a 5s and 5c through Best Buy because I was able to keep my unlimited data. Anyways, I was just curious to see what protection plan you guys recommend? What are you guys using or have used in the past? I only know a little and I mean a little about AC+ and SquareTrade, those where the two protection plans I've been looking at on other forums. The rest I know nothing about.

I currently have that Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + EW), Advanced Devices plan from VZW on my 5s, don't know too much about the plan. Anyways, I had a HTC Rezound for 2 years and the TEC plan just transferred over to my iPhone, they didnt even tell me. When I had the HTC Rezound, TEC was only $8/month I believe at the time. Once I upgraded to the iPhone my plan automatically changed to $9.99/month. Our 2nd line never had a protection plan. I also read that VZW has a Total Mobile Protection plan now that is $10/month and includes not only TEC but also adds some other features? I thought that is what I already had but I guess not? What is the difference between TEC and TMP, anyone know?

I was thinking about canceling this TEC plan on my 5s and getting something new for my 5s and my wife's 5c. With this TEC plan, deductibles are like $200. I have numerous choices, BB/GeekSquad, Verizon Wireless TEC, AppleCare+, SquareTrade & Protect Your Bubble.

I've never lost a phone before but I heard iPhones are up there on the theft chart so I don't know If I need a plan with lost or stolen coverage. I know I keep mine close by like its my 2nd child, but I have broken the screen on my Rezound once or twice and had to use TEC for a replacement, I've also been sent 5 "certified-like new" Rezound due to hardware issues, but they kept sending them to me for no charge. My wife on the other hand is clumsy and has dropped her phone in the pool, beats it up all the time, so I'm worried about her. God forbid I break the iPhone screen or something, I don't have $800 for a new one. I have a Otterbox Commuter case on my 5s with a Zagg screen protector and I made her use a Lifeproof Fre case for her 5c (shows how much I don trust her lol). Still I'd like have to some kind of peace of mind, with my son and kids running around using the phone, the wife has rough job where shes her iPhone, I just want to sleep good at night :)

So what service would you pick if you where in my shoes? Thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any help, suggestions, whatever.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Take care,
BTA
[/FONT]