What's new

Does Apple make a HDMI AV Cable?

iphone4ever said:
Do you know if this will be a feature with the new iOS 5?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I think it's going to be airplay mirror with the apple tv. Don't know if the hdmi/av cable method will work

I have the cable and apple tv as well, if you are stock nothing will mirror as the guys say.

I have the cable and apple tv as well, if you are stock nothing will mirror as the guys say.

yes it will not mirror but you can play videos which are in ipod app of Iphone4.

I have tried this and is working.

You can use only videos of ipod of iphone4.

vassan said:
You dont need to jailbreak iphone4 for mirroring.

As per the Iphone user guide, it clearly mentioned that we can play the video on to HDTV using HDMI adapter & cable. But when I try doing that it doesn't work.

IPhone says it is playing on TV but TV is not showing that video.

You stated a contradiction. You say the user guide says its possible (what page?) clearly it doesn't work for you because you can't get it to work. The av adapter with hdmi port was made for the iPad 2. The iPhone 4 doesn't mirror without being jailbroken. Btw you can get a picture slideshow going but no media. Hence NO picture.

Page no: 102, Chapter: 8.

What I was saying is that, as per user guide, you can play videos but I couldn't play. The reason is that I was trying to play videos of Youtube but if you try playing videos of IPOD, it will play on TV.

As all you said, it will not allow mirror.

Oh ok so you're just trying to play videos on a TV from your iTunes library, do you have an official cable? Like did Apple manufacture the cable?

vassan said:
Page no: 102, Chapter: 8.

What I was saying is that, as per user guide, you can play videos but I couldn't play. The reason is that I was trying to play videos of Youtube but if you try playing videos of IPOD, it will play on TV.

As all you said, it will not allow mirror.

Ok. I knew that much.

Oh ok so you're just trying to play videos on a TV from your iTunes library, do you have an official cable? Like did Apple manufacture the cable?

Yes, I bought a hdmi adapter and cable.

vassan said:
Yes, I bought a hdmi adapter and cable.

That cable is useless for the iPhone 4. It offers video out for purchased media. If you look at the packaging it clearly states its for the iPad 2. You need to be jailbroken and install Display Out from Cydia to be able to use that cable.

Is it this cable?

http://store.apple.com/us/xc/product/MC953ZM/A

Last edited:
Thats funnycabel this question is being asked because i just bought the AV cable for my iphone 4.

The advent of the mirror does not, edit the video before played. Applications that is still used in the video works the same way, and the presence of a video-out chip mirroring normal.