What's new

Does Apple make a HDMI AV Cable?

ffrcoupe

Reaction score
I have a composite AV cable and know they also sell a component AV cable but don't see a HDMI cable? Why not?

BTW, I'm a noob here.

1st post. Long time iPod user and maybe soon to be iPhone user. :)

ffrcoupe said:
I have a composite AV cable and know they also sell a component AV cable but don't see a HDMI cable? Why not?

BTW, I'm a noob here.

1st post. Long time iPod user and maybe soon to be iPhone user. :)

Welcome to the forums. To answer your question apple does sell hdmi cables but you need the av adapter.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC838ZM/A

Last edited:
ffrcoupe said:
Actually, I needed the AV adapter not the cable.

I found it. Thanks

Ok. Well it's 42 from apple. Try looking online for it. It's real good. One thing though the ip4 doesn't mirror. You'll have to install a tweak in Cydia called display out

ffrcoupe said:

I found it. Thanks

Ok. Well it's 42 from apple. Try looking online for it. It's real good. One thing though the ip4 doesn't mirror. You'll have to install a tweak in Cydia called display out

Well, I might just buy the Apple TV then so I can use Airplay. Most of the functionality would be redundant to my PS3 but it would be nice to mirror wireless.

Edit: I wonder if it will see my NAS since it's on my network.

Last edited:
ffrcoupe said:
Well, I might just buy the Apple TV then so I can use Airplay. Most of the functionality would be redundant to my PS3 but it would be nice to mirror wireless.

Edit: I wonder if it will see my NAS since it's on my network.

Yeah. Thats good.

ffrcoupe said:

I found it. Thanks

Hi, I bought a HDMI adapter for my Iphone4 along with the HDMI cable to connect to my HDTV.

When I tried connecting and playing the video using youtube it shows in the Iphone that it is playing the video on TV but nothing is playing on the HDTV.

Does any one can help in understanding why is this and how to resolve this.

vassan said:
Hi, I bought a HDMI adapter for my Iphone along with the HDMI cable to connect to my HDTV.

When I tried connecting and playing the video using youtube it shows in the Iphone that it is playing the video on TV but nothing is playing on the HDTV.

Does any one can help in understanding why is this and how to resolve this.

The iPhone doesn't mirror like I stated above. You need to be jailbroken and use a tweak called display out. Just like I stated above.

ffrcoupe said:
Do you think it will mirror using iOS 5?

Let's hope.

You dont need to jailbreak iphone4 for mirroring.

As per the Iphone user guide, it clearly mentioned that we can play the video on to HDTV using HDMI adapter & cable. But when I try doing that it doesn't work.

IPhone says it is playing on TV but TV is not showing that video.

Last edited:
vassan said:
You dont need to jailbreak iphone4 for mirroring.

As per the Iphone user guide, it clearly mentioned that we can play the video on to HDTV using HDMI adapter & cable. But when I try doing that it doesn't work.

IPhone says it is playing on TV but TV is not showing that video.

You stated a contradiction. You say the user guide says its possible (what page?) clearly it doesn't work for you because you can't get it to work. The av adapter with hdmi port was made for the iPad 2. The iPhone 4 doesn't mirror without being jailbroken. Btw you can get a picture slideshow going but no media. Hence NO picture.

Last edited:
iCrank said:
You stated a contradiction. You say the user guide says its possible (what page?) clearly it doesn't work for you because you can't get it to work. The av adapter with hdmi port was made for the iPad 2. The iPhone 4 doesn't mirror without being jailbroken. Btw you can get a picture slideshow going but no media. Hence NO picture.

Do you know if this will be a feature with the new iOS 5?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net