What's new

Do I need to be worried my iPhone did this???

Kailynn

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 8 Plus and usually have no issues. This morning I get a text from my landlord of all people upset because I had “texted him at 3:45 in the morning”!!!!! My iPhone and Apple Watch showed nothing from me to him in two days and he was the last one to reply. He sent me a screenshot and apparently there is a photo/Live Photo of a black screen with random colors moving around sent from my number...... my iPhone was on a flat surface charging at the time and I sent nothing. After I apologized up and down now I just want to know why this would happen and how I can prevent it from happening again? Thank you!

was your phone laying flat on the front or the back? because of you put it down touch screen first it does that with a black screen called digital touch maybe you accidenty pressed his number than accidently pressed that with out knowing while you put it down to charge?

What iOS are you running on your 8 Plus? My old iPhone would randomly call someone from my recent call list, (not always the latest one on the list) when I had the iPhone on my desk - I'm pretty sure no poltergeist was involved - once it stopped randomly calling it didn't do it again, but there was a hardware issue that killed that phone updating to 12

Coworker 's 8 would randomly call people. Including his ex wife.

Apple replaced that phone.

was your phone laying flat on the front or the back? because of you put it down touch screen first it does that with a black screen called digital touch maybe you accidenty pressed his number than accidently pressed that with out knowing while you put it down to charge?

It was laying flat on the back screen up plugged into my charger like 5 feet away from me while I was sleeping......... it’s so weird

Coworker 's 8 would randomly call people. Including his ex wife.

Apple replaced that phone.

Thank you for the info! I guess that may be an option if it keeps doing this ‍♀️

What iOS are you running on your 8 Plus? My old iPhone would randomly call someone from my recent call list, (not always the latest one on the list) when I had the iPhone on my desk - I'm pretty sure no poltergeist was involved - once it stopped randomly calling it didn't do it again, but there was a hardware issue that killed that phone updating to 12

IOS 12.2 is the latest update on it....... weirdest part is I have no clue where the photo/Live Photo came from...... it’s not anything I have on my phone

Maybe your phone was hacked. I only have a iPhone 6 so I wouldn’t really know much.