What's new

do i need an internet plan for an unlocked iphone?

bryanpw

Reaction score
i was looking to buy an iphone but i have tmobile and i dont want to buy a data plan, i get 750 minutes a month and unlimited texts. can i use tne sim card from that in an iphone 4 or 4s without being charged for data? i need to know i cant find the awnser anywhere

Thanks,

Bryan

First you have to make sure the SIM you have will even fit in an iPhone 4 or 4S.

i know itll fit i have the sim card trimmer

thank you for accually ansering my question normally people tell me things that i already know.

thank you for accually ansering my question normally people tell me things that i already know.

Yes just cut your sim down and your good to go. I had jailbroken iphones on tmobile for over 3 years using just wifi everywhere. Just make sure you enter their network settings and mms settings or your picture messaging won't work.
I finally got tired of waiting and unlocking and switched to ATT.

Normally if your account does not have a data plan and you "lock" any data processing with the carrier, you shouldn't see any data charges. A common mistake some consumers make is that they leave the data processing open and don't block off ALL data traffic and sometimes get charged from small things.

This doesn't go w/o saying, though, that if the wireless provider you plan on using your iDevice on requires smartphones to be on a data plan... they will know you're using a smartphone (regardless of whether or not it's Unlocked... doesn't matter)... and they will start charging you for data.