What's new

different question about jailbroken verizon phone

thepushercg

Reaction score
heres the story. i had a iphone i jailbroke early in the year, everthing was fine till 3 weeks ago. then the proximity sensor i thought went bad, so i fiddled around and messed it up and had to upgrade to 5.01 ok the sensor worked good then however no more untethered jailbrake.
so i sold that phone and bought another one jailbroken. then i did a restore of a backup i had from the 1st phone. after doing this the proximity sensor stopped working. when i end a call the screen stays black and i have to hit the home button to light the screen up. i have been googling and it seems the backup from the 1st phone might have corrupted the proximity sensor on this phone. now the question is .....anyone have a fix for this other than restoring like i did the 1st one.
i dont have the shsh for this phone, is it possible to pull them off the second phone with tiny umbrella and restore back to the 4.2.8 ?
sorry if this is the wrong forum it seemed to be the right one too me.

Yes, unfortunately it seems that the corrupted file that is causing the issue has been stored somewhere within your backup file. You can use iFaith to dump your 4.2.8 SHSH and do a fresh restore and this time set up as a new iPhone instead of restoring from backup.